Leave Donation Program Guidelines
The intent of this program is to provide a means to assist employees
who, because of long term personal illness, have exhausted their
leave benefits and would otherwise be subject to a severe loss of
income during a continuing absence from work.
Eligibility to Donate
In order to donate vacation credits, an employee must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have a minimum vacation balance of at least 10 days after making the donation.
Donations must be made in full day (7.5 or 8-hour) units.
The identity of donors may not be disclosed by agency management.
Employees may not donate vacation credits which would otherwise have
been forfeited. Note: donated leave is taken from the donor's balance
at the time it is needed by the recipient, not necessarily at the time
of the donation.
Eligibility to Receive Donated Leave
In order to receive donated leave credits, an employee must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be employee in a union affiliated or M/C designated position.
- Be subject to the Attendance Rules or otherwise eligible to earn leave credits.
- Be absent due to a non-occupational personal injury or
disability for which medical documentation satisfactory to management is
- Have exhausted all leave credits.
- Be expected to continue to be absent for at least two biweekly
payroll periods following exhaustion of leave credits or sick leave at
- Must not have had any disciplinary actions or unsatisfactory performance evaluations within the last three years.