A Dozen UAlbany Faculty and Staff win Chancellor’s Awards
ALBANY, N.Y. (May 3, 2018) — The State University of New York has announced the winners of the Chancellor's Awards for Excellence, a system-level honor that recognizes consistently superior professional achievement.
The award, designed to encourage the ongoing pursuit of excellence at SUNY colleges and Universities, underscore SUNY’s commitment to sustaining intellectual vibrancy, advancing the boundaries of knowledge, providing the highest quality of instruction, and serving the public good.
The Chancellor's Award for Excellence honors superior professional service.
UAlbany’s winners for the Chancellor’s 2017-18 Award for Excellence are:
- Allison Hosier, University Libraries
- Wendy West, University Libraries
- Richard Schneible, Associate Professor, Accounting & Law
- Victor Asal, Professor, Political Science
- Monica Hope, Educational Opportunities Program
- David Mason, University Accounting
- Aran Mull, University Police Department
- Denise Szelest, Human Resource Development
Scholarship & Creative Activities
- Louise Burkhart, Professor, Anthropology
- Zai Liang, Professor, Sociology
- Siwei Lyu, Associate Professor, Computer Science
- Cynthia Endres, Dean’s Office, College of Arts and Sciences
For more news, subscribe to UAlbany's RSS headline feeds
A comprehensive public research university, the University at Albany-SUNY offers more than 120 undergraduate majors and minors and 125 master's, doctoral and graduate certificate programs. UAlbany is a leader among all New York State colleges and universities in such diverse fields as atmospheric and environmental sciences, business, education, public health,health sciences, criminal justice, emergency preparedness, engineering and applied sciences, informatics, public administration, social welfare and sociology, taught by an extensive roster of faculty experts. It also offers expanded academic and research opportunities for students through an affiliation with Albany Law School. With a curriculum enhanced by 600 study-abroad opportunities, UAlbany launches great careers.