Teaching, Service and Creativity Rewarded with President’s Excellence Awards
An honored possession: the President's Excellence Award.
ALBANY, N.Y. (April 26, 2018) — The 2017-18 President’s Excellence Awards, which recognize faculty and staff who are exemplary models of the outstanding performance expected from all University employees, will be presented at a ceremony at 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 2, in the Campus Center Ballroom, followed by a reception. All are welcome to attend.
Excellence in Teaching
These awards recognize consistently superior teaching, at the graduate, undergraduate, or professional level over a period of several years.
- Veronique Martin, Lecturer, Languages, Literatures & Cultures
- Sean Rafferty, Associate Professor, Anthropology
- Stephen Weinberg, Clinical Assistant Professor, Public Administration & Policy
- Tse-Chuan Yang, Associate Professor, Sociology
Excellence in Academic Service
This award recognizes consistently superior service over multiple years by members of the full-time teaching faculty who are appointed to ranks below Distinguished Professor.
- Cynthia Fox, Associate Professor, Languages, Literatures & Cultures
Excellence in Librarianship
This award recognizes consistently superior professional achievement in the field of librarianship. Nominees must hold a full-time appointment as a professional librarian, possess an M.L.S. degree or equivalent.
- Allison Hosier, Information Literacy Librarian, University Libraries
- Wendy West, Associate Librarian, University Libraries
Excellence in Professional Service
Recognizes individuals who have repeatedly sought improvement of themselves, their campuses the State University and, in doing so, have transcended the normal definitions of excellence.
- Irene Andrea, Administrative Manager, History
- Jonathan Bartow, Vice Dean for Graduate Education
- Claudio Gomez, Senior Academic Advisor, Educational Opportunity Program
- Clarence McNeill, Assistant Vice President, Student Affairs
- Jane Krumm-Schwan, Director of Administration & Outreach, Center for Technology in Government
Excellence in Support Service
This award recognizes individuals who have given consistent and superior performance and service.
- Brenda Lewis, Secretary I, Africana Studies
Excellence in Research & Creative Activities
This award acknowledges and recognizes consistently outstanding accomplishments in research and creative activities conducted by the University at Albany faculty. Faculty members are nominated by their colleagues for this award.
- Shao Lin, Professor, Environmental Health Sciences
For more news, subscribe to UAlbany's RSS headline feeds
A comprehensive public research university, the University at Albany-SUNY offers more than 120 undergraduate majors and minors and 125 master's, doctoral and graduate certificate programs. UAlbany is a leader among all New York State colleges and universities in such diverse fields as atmospheric and environmental sciences, business, education, public health,health sciences, criminal justice, emergency preparedness, engineering and applied sciences, informatics, public administration, social welfare and sociology, taught by an extensive roster of faculty experts. It also offers expanded academic and research opportunities for students through an affiliation with Albany Law School. With a curriculum enhanced by 600 study-abroad opportunities, UAlbany launches great careers.