University Increases its Giving by 40 Percent to SEFA/United Way
ALBANY, N.Y. (March 30, 2016) -- The annual SEFA/United Way campaign has concluded with the University at Albany raising $40,000, just over a 40 percent increase from last year’s total.
The University was honored with three awards by the SEFA/United Way campaign.
UAlbany was also honored by the statewide SEFA/United Way campaign with three awards:
• The Chairman’s Award, given to agencies in their group size (more than 2,000 employees) for achieving the highest percent increase in employee participation from the prior year’s campaign. The number of University employees giving almost tripled, rising from 87 last year to 266 this year.
• Total Raised Award, presented to agencies that achieve the highest percentage increase in the total amount raised from the previous year’s campaign. (40.2 percent increase)
• Award for Participation, given to agencies that have achieved at least a three percent increase in the percent of employee participation over the Fall 2014 campaign. Six percent of total employees gave this year vs. two percent last year.
The main campaign co-chairs were Provost James Stellar and Vice President for Finance and Administration James Van Voorst.
“We are delighted with the results of the campaign. The University’s faculty and staff focused on the annual SEFA/United Way campaign as a means to demonstrate their commitment to our communities and our region,” said Van Voorst. “Jim and I especially want to thank the committee volunteers for their ideas and efforts to raise the University’s level of participation this year.”
The UAlbany SEFA/United Way committee volunteers included:
• Tuuli Edwards, Financial Management and Budget
• William Hedberg, Provost Office
• Susan Herrmann, Information Technology
• Nadia Ibrahim, Financial Management and Budget
• Clarence McNeill, Student Affairs
• Terri Scalise-Roller, Development
• Lisa Taylor, Marketing and Communications
• Kim Warren, Facilities
• Ben Weaver, Provost’s Office
• Tracey Williams, Research Foundation
Thank you to all UAlbany faculty and staff who contributed in making this a very successful year!
For more news, subscribe to UAlbany's RSS headline feeds
About the University at Albany
A comprehensive public research university, the University at Albany-SUNY offers more than 120 undergraduate majors and minors and 125 master's, doctoral, and graduate certificate programs. UAlbany is a leader among all New York State colleges and universities in such diverse fields as atmospheric and environmental sciences, business, public health, health sciences, criminal justice, emergency preparedness, engineering and applied sciences, informatics, public administration, social welfare, and sociology taught by an extensive roster of faculty experts. It also offers expanded academic and research opportunities for students through an affiliation with Albany Law School. With a curriculum enhanced by 600 study-abroad opportunities, UAlbany launches great careers.