University Auxiliary Services Employment Opportunities:
Positions open for employment spanning academic semesters, with a specific need for availability during the summer months. Excellent customer service, advanced campus knowledge, and solid comprehension skills desired. Fluency in a 2nd language is also preferred but not required.
University Auxiliary Services [UAS] is seeking part time Student Associates, who desire professional work experience. The work schedule is flexible and can accommodate students’ class and extracurricular schedules (approximately 15-18 hours per week). Students are encouraged to continue employment through multiple years on campus, and to take advantage of training and advancement opportunities with UAS.
Current opportunities in:
- UAS Business/ID Card Office: Preferred Qualifications-
Customer Service –
- Greet visitors, capture SUNYCard ID photos and produce ID cards, answer phone and office inquiries (i.e. meal plans, deposits and plan balances, door access)
- Support University programs at onsite events during summer orientation and other large initiatives
- Maintain current knowledge of University operations and efficiently direct customers
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, listens effectively, and seeks to understand. Demonstrates the ability to start conversations, ask relevant questions, obtain information, shows interest in others, seeks support and/or agreement, and tests understanding before providing input, feedback and/or solutions.
- Communicates effectively on a non-verbal level, dressing appropriately for professional work and events, maintaining eye-contact and appropriate posture
Office and administrative-
- Conduct literature and web page reviews for content, accuracy and information
- Accurately files (hard copy and/or electronic) forms, records and documents
- Organizes effectively and demonstrates the ability to work on tasks and projects both independently and in a team environment as appropriate.
2. Marketing & Communications: Preferred Qualifications-
- Business, marketing, communications or journalism major
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator
- Experience posting to a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Experience in video production and/or editing
- Performs routine updates to various marketing and communications tracking databases, spreadsheets and calendars
- Helps identify, promote and evaluate marketing initiatives
- Assists in conducting marketing research and prepares research summaries
- Assists in tracking statistics for the UAS website and social media applications
- Helps to design and prepare print and digital marketing materials for campus bulletin boards, the UAS website, social media, and digital monitors etc.
- Assists with the implementation of marketing and communications events and activities, including online ‘events’ and promotions
- Access to a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license, as position may require travel throughout UAlbany campuses
All Student Associates must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and be tech savvy with advanced Microsoft Office skills. Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on tasks and projects both independently and in a team environment is essential. Previous experience in office environments, customer service, and cash handling are preferred but not required.
These positions support the management of various University Auxiliary Services functions including but not limited to: Marketing & Communications, Business/ID Card & Finance Office, and Contracted Operations. Specific responsibilities and tasks might include: direct customer service and complaint resolution, cash handling, compiling-analyzing-summarizing data, photo taking (event and ID), representing UAS at campus events, writing and proof reading, and general office support. As an employee you are expected to perform all tasks, duties and training as directed by your supervisor or other UAS senior administrators.
University Auxiliary Services at Albany, Inc. does not discriminate in the administration of any of its employment on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis protected by law.
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the positions are filled. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Expected position start date is April 2017.
For employment opportunities with UAlbany Dining or the University Bookstore please click the links below. UAlbany Dining and the University Bookstore offer students the
opportunity to work right on campus. They will assist you in developing a
work schedule that keeps your classes as your top priority.