Public Policy and Public Administration
Explore by Program
- Burton Lecture and Public Service Awards Ceremony
An annual event to honor and engage leading scholars, policy makers and officials oncurrent issues.
- Center for International Development
SUNY/CID is a leading university based international development center enhancing the knowledge and practice of governance and policy making.
- Center for Latino, Latin American, and Caribbean Studies (CELAC)
CELAC's goals include promoting research and encouraging greater understanding and appreciation of Latino multicultural diversity within U.S. society.
- Center for Policy Research
This Initiative contracts with state, local, and federal government agencies and nonprofits to develop training and formal simulation models to address critical problems.
- Center for Technology in Government
CTG works with government to foster public sector innovation, enhance capability, generate public value, and support good governance.
- Center for Women in Government and Civil Society
The center conducts research, provides fellowships, educational programs, conducts a Liberty Partnership Program for at-risk students, and other outreach activities.
- Education Finance Research Consortium
The EFRC is a collaborative research and policy analysis venture between the NYSED, Board of Regents, researchers, and policy makers.
- Governance Futures
This is a nationwide search to discover governance structures, strategies, and practices that vary significantly from conventional practices.
- Health Partnerships with County Governments and Community Health Services
The School of Public Health collaborates with counties throughout New York to support developing community health policy, programs, and assessments.
- Initiative for System Dynamics in the Public Sector
The Initiative contracts with state agencies, local governments, the federal government & nonprofits to develop formal simulation models to understand critical problems.
- Institute for Financial Market Regulation
Financial services and regulatory organizations educate students and conduct research in financial market regulation.
- Institute for Traffic Safety Management and Research
The Institute for Traffic Safety was established in 1978 as a partnership between the DMV and UAlbany funded by grants.
- Intergovernmental Studies Program (IGSP)
The Intergovernmental Studies Program (IGSP) works to improve intergovernmental performance and collaborative outcomes for state and local governments.
- Korean Professional MPA Program
The program provides mid-career public service professionals from South Korea with graduate education toward MPA and expanding their field experience in government
- Local Government Assistance Program
LGAP partners with municipalities and state-wide entities like the Office of the State Comptroller to devise strategies for managing their limited resources.
- National Center for Security and Preparedness
Through collaboration, creativity, and a commitment to excellence, NCSP supports the nation's efforts to be secure from acts of terrorism.
- New York Latino Research and Resources Network (NYLARNet)
NYLARNet addresses significant public policy issues related to the Latino population of New York and the Northeast, especially through publications and conferences.
- Non-profit Management Certificate
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is designed to provide the knowledge and tools to successfully navigate increasingly complexities of nonprofits.
- Northeast Public Health Leadership Institute (NEPHLI)
Northeast Public Health Leadership Institute prepares emerging public health leaders through a combination of residential retreats and distance learning.
- Outbreak Investigation Training for Nursing Home Staff
This training is geared toward infection control nurses and other staff in nursing homes who may be involved in investigating outbreaks.
- Policing Initiatives and Advisory Councils - International and National
National and international policing initiatives in research, advising, and policymaking capacities.
- Policy and Management Roundtables
The Roundtables bring together members of the nonprofit, for profit, government and University communities to explore policy issues of concern.
- Professional Development Program
The Professional Development Program has been a leader through its commitment to continuing professional education and public service.
- Professional Internship Program
This program places graduate students in public administration, public policy and political science in organizations with a public service focus.
- Regional Bibliographic Databases
Charting the Future of CDLC's Regional Bibliographic Databases Program
- School of Public Health
The School of Public Health links academic study to public health practice, addressing issues such as cardiac care, HIV treatment, and environmental health.
- State Comptroller Partnership for Strategic Leadership Institute (SLI)
SLI provides a series of six intensive two-day courses for mid-level managers to prepare for future leadership roles in OSC.
- System Dynamics Society
The SDS is an international nonprofit organization devoted to the development and use of systems thinking and system dynamics.
- The Brunswik Society
The Brunswik Society is an informal association of researchers interested in understanding and improving human judgment and decision making.
- Traffic Information Services (Database Services & Consultation)
Through its partnership with the DMV, ITSMR has access to traffic records in NYS on accidents, tickets and license information.
- Tuesday Policy Lunch Series - Sponsored by Rockefeller College
A weekly event held on Tuesdays that brings state practionioners together with faculty and students to discuss current issues.
- UAlbany Hosts Former Members of Congress for Education, Motivation
The Center for International Development designs and implements technical assistance and training projects, conducts policy-oriented research, and contributes to international development.
- Website Assessment for NYS Education Department
Assessing the New York State Education's Department website; 600,000 pages available to the public.
- Women and Public Policy Fellowship
A competitive annual fellowship program that accepts up to 20 talented graduate students from a college or university within NYS.
- Women in Government Seminar Series
The Center For Women In Governent hosts a number of seminars and lectures on current issues and topics.