Students - Arts and Humanities
Explore by Program
- Archaeological Field School
An eight-week program designed to teach students the basics of archaeological field work, laboratory processing, and artifact analysis.
- Department of Anthropology Field School Opportunities
Special programs and field school opportunities are available for both undergraduate and graduate students studying anthropology.
- Department of Economics Internship Opportunities
The internship gives students hands-on experience in economic research and activity in business, government, and non-profit agencies in the Capital District area.
- Department of Latin American, Carribean and U.S. Latino Studies (LACS)
Special opportunities are available for students pursuing Latin American, Caribbean and US Latino Studies.
- Department of Theatre Production Practicum
The Production Practicum is designed to broaden students overall theatrical experience and knowledge beyond what can be learned in a classroom.
- FENCE and FENCE Books Internships
FENCE, a literary magazine and publisher of FENCE Books, sponsors internships for undergraduate students at the University at Albany.
- Francophone Day
An LLC-University in the High School collaborative event that hosts high school students interested in all things French at UAlbany
- Judaic Studies Internships
Students pursuing Judaic Studies have the opportunity the earn practicum and internship credit.
- Music Department Ensemble Groups
Opportunities for participation in various performance ensembles in the Department of Music are available to community members.
- New York State Writers Institute Internship
The New York State Writers Institute sponsors internships for undergraduate and graduate students at the University at Albany.
- Olympiada of Spoken Russian
UAlbany hosts an annual competition for over 100 high school students on spoken Russian and Russian culture and literature.
- Researching New York: Perspectives on Empire State History
Participants, including archivists, local historians, and public historians from the Capital District and other locations, take part in this annual conference.
- Talking History Radio Program
UAlbany history professors host and produce a weekly one-hour radio program, "Talking History," broadcast locally on WRPI.
- Theme Semesters
UAlbany holds theme semesters for the campus and public on topics ranging from the Hudson River to China to Shakespeare.
- UNI 390 University-wide Internships Program
Approximately 100 students university-wide participate in an extensive internship program with for-profit, not-for-profit and government organizations each year.
- University Art Museum Student Involvement
Programs include student events, classes, MFA Thesis Exhibition, and Internship and Work Study opportunities.
- University Chamber Singers
A select group of students from a variety of backgrounds who sing and entertain at UAlbany and in the community
- University-Community Chorale
The chorale is composed of students, faculty, and community members, of mixed abilities and majors.
- University-Community Symphonic Band
The University-Community Symphonic Band offers students, faculty/staff and community members the opportunity to perform a wide variety of band literature.
- University-Community Symphony Orchestra
The University-Community Symphony Orchestra is composed of students, faculty, staff, and community members.