Explore by Program
- Archaeological Research in Albany and Viminacium, Yugoslavia
Classics professor Michael Werner is Albany's official archaeologist and he periodically leads a team of researchers and student archaeologists in Yugoslavia.
- Center for Human Services Research
Through its research, the Center seeks to strengthen university and community partnerships by conducting research in community-based settings.
- Child Research and Study Center
CRSC is one of the organized research centers in the School of Education that provides training and field experiece in research for graduate students.
- Community Service in Education (EDU 390)
EDU 390 is a course for undergraduate students to get involved in community service.
- Community and Public Service Program (RSSW 290, 291 and 390)
The Community and Public Service Program provides undergraduate students from all disciplines with volunteer community service opportunities for academic credit.
- Counseling Care and Services, Inc.
Professor Micki Friedlander serves as a professional development resource for Counseling Care and Services, Inc.
- Counseling Internship Program
Counseling placements for master’s and doctoral students are provided through cooperative agreements with a variety of colleges, hospitals, and community agencies.
- Environmental Outreach Program
Student volunteers, interns and staff from the Office of Environmental Sustainability can make presentations and run activities centered on environmental responsibility.
- Evaluation Consortium
The Evaluation Consortium conducts program evaluation services for educational, governmental, and private agencies.
ExcelleShare recruits adult volunteers aged 55+ and matches them with capacity building roles in local nonprofit and public sector organizations.
- Facility Rental Program - Performing Arts Center
The five performance spaces uptown and Page Hall downtown are available to community organizations for events at very reasonable rates.
- Give and Go Program
This program collects donations from students at the end of the semester. The office is assisted in this operation by student volunteers and interns.
- Healthy Choices New York
Healthy Choices NY is a statewide initiative to empower older adults by providing evidence-based health promotion programs in community-based settings.
- Healthy Hearts on the Hill Coalition
Healthy Hearts on the Hill increases awareness and participation in heart healthy behaviors in Albany’s West Hill and surrounding communities.
- Humanities Institute for Lifelong Learning & OASIS Programs and Public Libraries and Museums
Faculty teach courses and deliver lectures in various community settings.
- Institute of Gerontology
The Institute and its research center have a multi-pronged approach to the needs of the rapidly growing aging population.
- Internships in Aging Project (IAP)
This project provides education for social workers, stimulating development of new social and healthcare services to Capital District older persons.
- Know Your Schools~for NY Kids
Know Your Schools~for NY Kids, affiliated with the School of Education, offers a variety of free school improvement resources to the community.
- Mohawk Nation of Akwesasne
The Mohawk Nation Community of Akwesasne is concerned about possible effects of PCBs in their waterways.
- New York State Capital Region OASIS Lifelong Learning Program
NYS Capital Region OASIS is an educational program designed to enhance the quality of life for mature adults.
- Prevention Research Center Community Summit
For several years, the Prevention Research Center has been conducting a research project to promote walking in rural communities.
- Psychological Services Center
The PSC, a training and research clinic for the Clinical & Counseling Psychology Doctoral students, is a community-based resource for individuals throughout the region.
- School of Social Welfare Faculty Outreach
School of Social Welfare faculty members contribute their expertise to a wide range of national and local organizations.
- Senior Financial Literacy Training and Education Initiative
This project addresses financial literacy among older adults and helps prevent financial exploitation, abuse, and fraud.
- The Office of Environmental Sustainability
The office coordinates the Univeristy environmental initiatives including the involvement of student volunteers and interns to support community-based projects.
- Undergraduate ITM Program
Undergraduate students enrolled in ITM 434 work for not-for-profit organizations on IT projects for the entire semester.