Campus Emergency Alerts
In the Event of an Emergency
Information will be posted on this page or recorded on the Emergency Information Line: 518-442-7669
To Report an Emergency
From anywhere on campus, call 911
University Police Department, including fire emergencies
Environmental Health and Safety
City of Albany Snow Emergency
University Snow Response Plan
Albany Weather Links
UAlbany Alert: Emergency Information
The University at Albany takes matters of safety and security seriously. In the event of a campus emergency, official sources of information will be communicated through the following channels:
- The Web: This emergency information page will post frequent updates. Bookmark it!
- Email: In the event of a campus emergency, email messages will be issued from UAlbanyAlert@albany.edu and/or from email@example.com. This includes class cancellations in the event of inclement weather.
- Social Media: Updated reports will be supplied continuously through UAlbany's Facebook and Twitter pages. Follow @UAlbany and @UAlbanyAlert on Twitter for updated information. You can also search Twitter for updates using #UAlbanyAlert.
- Emergency Information Line: UAlbany's emergency information telephone line, (518) 442-7669, provides information updates in the event of an emergency or weather-related issue.
- SUNY-NY Alert: The SUNY-NY Alert System notifies registered members of the campus community via text message, voicemail or email, of situations presenting an ongoing risk to public safety on our campus. Sign up here for SUNY-NY-Alert.
- Email: In the event of a weather-related event causing interrupted campus IT services, UAlbany Mail is still accessible by going to www.Outlook.com and logging in with your UAlbany Mail email address and password. In the event of a power failure, all campus-based IT services will be interrupted. Once power is restored, it will take approximately 4 hours for all services to come back online.
The key to safety and security is preparedness. Any concerns should be reported immediately to UPD at (518) 442-3131. Report any environmental safety concerns to the Office of Environmental Health and Safety at (518) 442-3495.