UAlbany Alert: Emergency Information
The University at Albany works hard to ensure the safely and security of our campus community. In the event of a campus emergency, official sources of information will be communicated via:
- The Web: This page will post frequent updates.
- E-mail Notifications:
- Email messages will be issued from UAlbanyAlert@albany.edu and/or from firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes class cancellations in the event of inclement weather.
- In the event of a weather-related event interrupting campus IT services, UAlbany Mail may be accessible by going to mail.office365.com and logging in with your UAlbany email address and password.
- Social Media: Information will be shared on UAlbany's Facebook and Twitter pages. Follow both for updates. You can also search Twitter for updates using #UAlbanyAlert.
- Emergency Information Phone Line: UAlbany's emergency information phone line provides updates in the event of an emergency or weather-related issue. You can access it 24/7 at (518) 442-7669.
- SUNY-NY Alert: The SUNY-NY Alert System notifies registered members of the campus community via text message, voicemail or e-mail. Recipients must sign up for these notifications and can do so by logging on to MyUAlbany and choosing "SUNY NY-Alert Emergency Contact Info" under Self-Service.