Campus Emergency Alerts
In the Event of an Emergency
Information will be posted on this page or recorded on the Emergency Information Line: (518) 442-7669To Report an Emergency
From anywhere on campus, call 911.
University Police Department, including fire emergencies
Environmental Health and Safety
City of Albany Snow Emergency
University Snow Response Plan
Albany Weather Links
UAlbany Alert: Emergency Information
The University at Albany takes matters of safety and security seriously. In the event of a campus emergency, official sources of information will be communicated through the following channels:
- The Web: This emergency information page will post frequent updates. Bookmark it!
- E-mail Notifications:
- • In the event of a campus emergency, email messages will be issued from UAlbanyAlert@albany.edu and/or from email@example.com. This includes class cancellations in the event of inclement weather.
- • In the event of a weather-related event interrupting campus IT services, UAlbany Mail may be accessible by going to mail.office365.com and logging on with your UAlbany email address and password.
- Social Media: Updated reports will be shared on UAlbany's Facebook and Twitter pages. Follow @UAlbany and @UAlbanyAlert on Twitter for updated information. You can also search Twitter for updates using #UAlbanyAlert.
- Emergency Information Line: UAlbany's emergency information phone line provides information updates in the event of an emergency or weather-related issue. You can access it 24/7 at (518) 442-7669.
- SUNY-NY Alert: The SUNY-NY Alert System notifies registered members of the campus community via text message, voicemail or e-mail. You must sign up in order to receive alerts.
The key to safety and security is preparedness. Any concerns should be reported immediately to UPD at (518) 442-3131. Report any environmental safety concerns to the Office of Environmental Health and Safety at (518) 442-3495.