The University at Albany recognizes that an in order to maintain a healthy, safe, and vibrant living and learning community, it must continue to foster an environment free from gender inequality and sexual violence. In furthering its commitment to that cause, the University has appointed a full time administrator to ensure our realization of this important agenda.
The Assistant Vice President for Equity and Compliance and Title IX Coordinator has been charged with managing the University’s response to reports of gender inequity and discrimination, which includes reports of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking. Informed by current federal and state law and guidance, the Coordinator aims to ensure that the University’s responses promptly and effectively stop problem behavior, prevent its recurrence, and remedy its effects.
The Assistant Vice President for Equity and Compliance and Title IX Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the University’s response to gender discrimination, which includes all forms of sexual violence, to ensure prompt and equitable resolution of all complaints.
- Providing a central place to report an incident and overseeing the reporting process.
- Providing information about university policies and procedures.
- Providing referrals to campus and community resources and victim advocates.
- Facilitating accommodations to address safety concerns and to support victims and complainants so that academic and professional pursuits may continue unimpeded.
- Collaborating with community partners to assist with a resolution that balances the needs of the individuals involved with those of the larger community.
- Keeping records to ensure patterns of behavior are identified.
- Overseeing investigations of misconduct to ensure fairness, impartiality, and equity.
- Coordinating and providing training, education, and prevention programs for the entire University Community.
The Assistant Vice President for Equity and Compliance and Title IX Coordinator is here to receive and respond to gender equity and sexual violence concerns. The Title IX team’s mission is to eliminate, prevent, and redress known instances of gender based misconduct or violence with fair and efficient processes that are intended to support the entire University Community.