How to Upload and Link to a New Document
Links to documents can be added to your web page using the Text Editor. Below are step-by-step instructions for uploading a document that is on your computer/network drive and linking to that file.
- Click the Open Intro Text red dot in the center content area of the page where you want to add the link. This will reveal the red dots for the editable areas in the center of the page.
- Click on the Body Text red dot. This will open the Text Editor window displaying the text you already entered in the Body Text area.
- In the Text Editor, type and highlight the text that you want to link. Make sure you do not highlight any spaces and punctuation before and after the text.
- Click on the Insert or Edit Link icon on the toolbar. This will open the Insert or Edit Link window.
- Select the Asset tab in the Insert or Edit Link window.
- Click on the Select button to the right of File field. This will open the Upload or Choose File window.
- Click on the Select File from Local File System button. This will open the Upload window.
- Click the Browse button from the Upload window. This will open the Choose File to Upload window.
- Navigate to the location where the document file is stored on your computer or network drive.
- Select the file and double click the file name (or single click to highlight and click the Open button). This will bring you back to the Upload window. The file path to the document should be displayed in the field to the left of the Browse button.
- Click the Upload button in the Upload window. This will open the Asset Manager window displaying a list of departments.
- Scroll down the list until you find your department. Click the radio button next to your site's name. This will save the document in the Asset Manager for your department.
- Click the OK button on the lower right. This will bring you back to the Insert File window.
- Click the OK button on the lower right. This will bring you back to the Text Editor window. Your text should now be displayed in blue and underlined.
- Click the OK button on the lower right of the Text Editor window. This will bring you back to the SmartEdit window. You should now see your linked text within the Body Text.
- You are done adding the linked file and can publish the page.