News and Alerts
Here is a need to know in Parking for the 2016-17 registration year of September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017:
- Parking Office will be open from 11a-2p on 8/27-28 and from 7:30a-6p, Monday thru Thursday, 8/29-9/1 and 4p on Friday, 9/2.
- Parking decal drive thru will be available for those that ordered online in advance.
- Parking Services has implemented a Resident vs. Commuter student parking permit system. Those students who reside on campus will be permitted to park on campus 24/7 whereas those students with commuter parking permits will be able to park on campus at all times except 3:30 am - 6:00 am, M-F. A commuter student, for parking purposes, is defined as anyone that resides locally off campus and not in University at Albany operated housing at Liberty Terrace, Empire Commons, Freedom Apartments or Alumni, Colonial, Dutch, Indian, & State Quads. If a commuter student needs to leave their vehicle on campus between these timeframes please park in the southern portion of Dutch student lot and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we are aware of the overnight parking need.
- Vehicle parking registration for all students should be conducted online only through myUAlbany: http://www.albany.edu/myualbany/index.php?WT.source=home.
- UAlbany faculty/staff/students who have purchased a valid University at Albany parking decal or are eligible for a University at Albany parking decal will not be permitted entry into visitors lots at Collins Circle and Indian Quad pay lot. Violators will be subject to ticketing.