News and Alerts
Starting May 8th, 2014 there will not be an attendant after 3:15pm at the Collins Circle Visitor parking lot. Please make tokens or guest passes available to your guest for free entrance to the parking lot.
To make parking more convenient for our visitors and guests, temporary parking permits are now available to purchase on-line for $5.40 a day. Employees may also purchase the temporary parking permits on-line if they find this more convenient. Click on On-Line Services link > Visitor Guest Pass > follow directions.
UAlbany Buses Now Have GPS Systems Installed
UAlbany bus service is making it more convenient for riders to arrive at their destination. Each campus bus is now outfitted with a GPS tracker, so you can anticipate if your ride is running ahead or behind schedule. The real time route info is available online.
Click on http://ualbany.alpinesystemsinc.com/omnitrans/ualbany-schedules.asp to see where your bus is.
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff:
We are happy to inform you that CDTA bus service will be changing starting Sunday, November 13th. Many Albany County routes will have improved frequency, later night service, and additional Sunday service. We have worked with CDTA to ensure everyone can take advantage of their new neighborhood route system for direct connections to major destinations.
Specific improvements to benefit the UAlbany community include:
Route 12 – Washington Avenue
• Increased frequency as buses will come every 15 minutes
• Access to Super Walmart at Crossgates Commons on every trip
• Increased number of late night trips into Downtown Albany
• Faster service because trips no longer enter Harriman Campus
Route 114 – Madison / Washington
• Connection between Uptown Campus and Madison Avenue corridor
• Additional service to Crossgates Mall
• Direct connection to CDTA’s Rensselaer Rail Station for Amtrak service
Route 712 – Harriman Campus / Patroon Creek
• Connection between Uptown Campus and Central Avenue corridor
• Another travel option Monday-Friday during peak commuting hours
If you are currently using your school ID card to ride, we encourage you to try the new routes as a cheaper alternative to driving to campus and helping the University reduce our carbon footprint.
For more information please visit CDTA online at www.cdta.org/albanyservice or call their customer information center at 482-8822.