Connect to Community Week 2013
"My goal is for this campus to log at least 2.5 million community engagement hours every year. Let's flood the area with purple shirts that show our engagement with the community!"
-President Robert J. Jones, Inaugural Address, September 28th, 2013
UAlbany is at work around the corner and around the world!
Help support Connect to Community Week and UAlbany's community engagement goals!
- Attend the Community Engagement Fair - October 16th, 10am-2pm in the Lecture Center Concourse.
- - Visit exhibits from community organizations and partners with volunteer and engagement opportunities and students.
- - New this year!: Faculty and student exhibitors will be displaying their engaged research and service projects. Learn how UAlbany is having an impact!
- Attend the interactive Community-Engaged Research Workshop - October 23rd, 10am-11:30am in Assembly Hall, Campus Center.
- - Off-campus participants: Click here for parking information.
- Increase your impact through collaborative efforts throughout the year.
Connect to Community Week and Community Service Month celebrate and advance UAlbany's community engagement efforts, local to global. Great work is going on year-round, such as courses helping to revitalize Albany's distressed neighborhoods; research with parent and non-profit partners to help reduce childhood obesity; training and character-based micro-loans to grow small businesses; and projects at home and abroad to foster technology innovation in government.
Many thanks to our Community Service Month Planning Committee and Sponsors for making this initiative happen!