School of Social Welfare
- Center for Excellence in Aging & Community Wellness
The Center develops, tests and implements innovative practices and policies addressing the needs of aging persons, their families, and caregivers.
- Center for Human Services Research
Through its research, the Center seeks to strengthen university and community partnerships by conducting research in community-based settings.
- Center for Innovation in Mental Health Research
The Center’s mission is to advance knowledge in the field of mental health using an evidence-based approach.
- Center for the Elimination of Minority Health Disparities
The Center focuses on minority health disparities in the smaller cities and towns of New York.
- Community and Public Service Program (RSSW 290, 291 and 390)
The Community and Public Service Program provides undergraduate students from all disciplines with volunteer community service opportunities for academic credit.
ExcelleShare recruits adult volunteers aged 55+ and matches them with capacity building roles in local nonprofit and public sector organizations.
- Family Support and Youth Development
The School of Social Welfare promotes school and community service innovations, consultation, grant writing and demonstration projects.
- Healthy Choices New York
Healthy Choices NY is a statewide initiative to empower older adults by providing evidence-based health promotion programs in community-based settings.
- Healthy Hearts on the Hill Coalition
Healthy Hearts on the Hill increases awareness and participation in heart healthy behaviors in Albany’s West Hill and surrounding communities.
- Institute of Gerontology
The Institute and its research center have a multi-pronged approach to the needs of the rapidly growing aging population.
- Internships in Aging Project (IAP)
This project provides education for social workers, stimulating development of new social and healthcare services to Capital District older persons.
- Liberty Partnership Rising Stars Program
The Liberty Partnerships Program is a middle & high school intervention program for students at risk of leaving school.
- New York State Capital Region OASIS Lifelong Learning Program
NYS Capital Region OASIS is an educational program designed to enhance the quality of life for mature adults.
- New York State Social Work Education Consortium
The consortium is a formal partnership to facilitate professional practice in child welfare to improve results for children and families.
- Partnership with New York State Office for the Aging
The Center for Excellence in Aging & Community Wellness shares a Research Associate for research and grant-writing with the NYS Office for Aging.
- School of Social Welfare Faculty Outreach
School of Social Welfare faculty members contribute their expertise to a wide range of national and local organizations.
- Senior Financial Literacy Training and Education Initiative
This project addresses financial literacy among older adults and helps prevent financial exploitation, abuse, and fraud.
- Social Work Student Exchange, Hallym University, South Korea
The University and Hallym University are partner social work schools that encourage yearly student and faculty exchanges.
- Study Tour to South Africa
Students, faculty, scholars, and community practitioners travel to South Africa and other African counties each summer on a study mission.