Explore by Program
- Annual Theatre Department Performances
Auditions are open to the public for the major productions offered each season and new plays under development
- Authors Theatre
A theatrical program that explores the literary dimension of playwrighting and plays in progress
- Classic Film Series
Screenings of U.S. and international films of distinction
- Costume and Prop Exchange
Department of Theatre, Costume and Prop Shops, costumes, props, theatre, theater production
- Department of Theatre Production Practicum
The Production Practicum is designed to broaden students overall theatrical experience and knowledge beyond what can be learned in a classroom.
- Facility Rental Program - Performing Arts Center
The five performance spaces uptown and Page Hall downtown are available to community organizations for events at very reasonable rates.
- Harold Gould '47 Retained Affection, Gratitude for Alma Mater
Test short description.
- Music Department Ensemble Groups
Opportunities for participation in various performance ensembles in the Department of Music are available to community members.
- Music Department Faculty Performances
Faculty of the Music Department perform in community recitals locally, nationally, and internationally
- New York State Writers Institute
The New York State Writers Institute promotes literature and writing through diverse programs for students and the general public.
- Performances and Residencies by Professional Artists and Companies
Each season, the Performing Arts Center hosts artists from a wide variety of performing arts.
- Performances for High School Student Groups
Each season, the Performing Arts Center hosts professional touring artists who perform weekday matinees for high school student groups.
- Theatre Department Faculty Outreach
Faculty members provide academic, artistic and dramaturgical expertise to theatres and organizations locally and nationally.
- Theatre Department National Affiliations
Theatre Department members are involved with the U.S. Institute for Theatre Technology and the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival.
- Theme Semesters
UAlbany holds theme semesters for the campus and public on topics ranging from the Hudson River to China to Shakespeare.
- University Chamber Singers
A select group of students from a variety of backgrounds who sing and entertain at UAlbany and in the community
- University-Community Chorale
The chorale is composed of students, faculty, and community members, of mixed abilities and majors.
- University-Community Symphonic Band
The University-Community Symphonic Band offers students, faculty/staff and community members the opportunity to perform a wide variety of band literature.
- University-Community Symphony Orchestra
The University-Community Symphony Orchestra is composed of students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Visiting Writers Series
Free and public presentations by 40-50 world renowned and emerging writers each year
- Writers Institute Publications and Social Media
The Writers Institute's electronic magazine of interviews, transcriptions, and feature articles on visiting writers