Research, Policy, Technical Assistance
Explore by Program
- Biodiversity, Conservation and Policy Program
Faculty and students conduct conservation-oriented research, serve on conservation boards, act as advisors, and provide technical assistance in local communities.
- Center for Human Services Research
Through its research, the Center seeks to strengthen university and community partnerships by conducting research in community-based settings.
- Center for Innovation in Mental Health Research
The Center’s mission is to advance knowledge in the field of mental health using an evidence-based approach.
- Center for Social and Demographic Analysis
Provides a strong research infrastructure for scholarship in the social sciences with an emphasis on interdisciplinary population research.
- Conferences & Symposia - School of Criminal Justice
A wide variety of conferences and public forums, including the widely attended Albany Symposium on Crime and Justice.
- Evaluation Consortium
The Evaluation Consortium conducts program evaluation services for educational, governmental, and private agencies.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Internship Program
A paid internship program, working with New York State agencies and other organizations using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Global Center for Critical Demography and Public Sociology
Conducts scholarship based upon critical demography paradigm and the development of concepts that historically do not fit traditional demography.
- Graduate Planning Studios
Students participate in a real-world planning project that addresses an actual planning problem in a community.
- Hindelang Criminal Justice Research Center
Conducting cross-disciplinary research on a variety of topics related to the criminal justice field.
- Institute of Gerontology
The Institute and its research center have a multi-pronged approach to the needs of the rapidly growing aging population.
- Lewis Mumford Center for Comparative Urban and Regional Research
Carries out comparative and historical urban research to further Lewis Mumford's ideal of local involvement with global vision
- NYS Council for Universal Broadband
NYS Council recommends ways to extend high-speed and broadband access to under-served rural and urban areas throughout the state.
- New York State Social Work Education Consortium
The consortium is a formal partnership to facilitate professional practice in child welfare to improve results for children and families.
- Partnership with New York State Office for the Aging
The Center for Excellence in Aging & Community Wellness shares a Research Associate for research and grant-writing with the NYS Office for Aging.
- Rochester Youth Development Study
One of the most ambitious, long-standing and important studies of delinquency and childhood antisocial behavior ever conducted.
- School of Social Welfare Faculty Outreach
School of Social Welfare faculty members contribute their expertise to a wide range of national and local organizations.
- Senior Financial Literacy Training and Education Initiative
This project addresses financial literacy among older adults and helps prevent financial exploitation, abuse, and fraud.
- Small Business Development Center
The Small Business Development Center, University at Albany (SBDC, UA) offers no-cost counseling for assisting start-up and existing businesses.
- Social Work Student Exchange, Hallym University, South Korea
The University and Hallym University are partner social work schools that encourage yearly student and faculty exchanges.