Students - Families and Communities
Explore by Program
- Africana Studies Community Service Program
The Department of Africana Studies offers internship opportunities to its undergraduate and graduate students with various local non-profits and agencies.
- After-School Program for At-Risk Children
The special education program operates an after-school program for at-risk children as a practicum site for master students at Eagle Point Elementary School.
- Community and Public Service Program (RSSW 290, 291 and 390)
The Community and Public Service Program provides undergraduate students from all disciplines with volunteer community service opportunities for academic credit.
- Counseling Internship Program
Counseling placements for master’s and doctoral students are provided through cooperative agreements with a variety of colleges, hospitals, and community agencies.
- Elementary Student Teaching - Focus on Special Education
Elementary Student Teaching placements are provided for graduate students in the Special Education MS programs through cooperative arrangements with elementary schools.
- Environmental Outreach Program
Student volunteers, interns and staff from the Office of Environmental Sustainability can make presentations and run activities centered on environmental responsibility.
- Family Support and Youth Development
The School of Social Welfare promotes school and community service innovations, consultation, grant writing and demonstration projects.
- Full Time MBA Program Volunteering
Fulltime MBA students have a host of options when looking to volunteer during their tenure in the program.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Internship Program
A paid internship program, working with New York State agencies and other organizations using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Girls, Inc. Mentoring Partnership
A mentoring program for girls participating in the local Girls Inc. program - conducted by female graduate students and faculty .
- Give and Go Program
This program collects donations from students at the end of the semester. The office is assisted in this operation by student volunteers and interns.
- Global Center for Critical Demography and Public Sociology
Conducts scholarship based upon critical demography paradigm and the development of concepts that historically do not fit traditional demography.
- Graduate Planning Studios
Students participate in a real-world planning project that addresses an actual planning problem in a community.
Internships are one of the critical features to the success of the School of Business and our partnership with Capital Region's businesses.
- Internships in Criminal Justice
Undergraduate and graduate students engaged in internships with a variety of criminal justice agencies.
- Internships, Practicum Rotations, Field Placements
Interdisciplinary programs and the MS in Epidemiology and Health Policy, Management & Behavior include internships/field placements at 200+ placement sites.
- Leaders in Service Program
Leaders In Service (LIS) is a service-learning program designed for UAlbany students, faculty, & staff, with a focus on frosh in residence.
- Planning Jobs and Internships
Graduate planning students are placed in part-time positions with local planning offices, consulting firms, state agencies, and non-profit organizations.
- Student-Athlete Community Service
UAlbany's student-athletes give back to the community that supports them through community service.
- UNI 390 University-wide Internships Program
Approximately 100 students university-wide participate in an extensive internship program with for-profit, not-for-profit and government organizations each year.
- World Within Reach Speaker Series
The Speaker Series brings The World Within Reach through engaging discussions led by renowned guest speakers from across the globe