Professional Development, Continuing Education, Workforce Development, Lifelong Learning
Explore by Program
- Center for Innovation in Mental Health Research
The Center’s mission is to advance knowledge in the field of mental health using an evidence-based approach.
- College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering Community Day
CNSE Community Day gives residents of the Capital Region, Tech Valley and New York State an up-close look at the exciting world of nanotechnology.
- College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering Community Lecture Series
During NANOvember distinguished CNSE faculty members explore in-depth topics on nanotechnology at the CNSE Community Lecture Series.
- Counseling Care and Services, Inc.
Professor Micki Friedlander serves as a professional development resource for Counseling Care and Services, Inc.
ExcelleShare recruits adult volunteers aged 55+ and matches them with capacity building roles in local nonprofit and public sector organizations.
- Global Center for Critical Demography and Public Sociology
Conducts scholarship based upon critical demography paradigm and the development of concepts that historically do not fit traditional demography.
- Humanities Institute for Lifelong Learning & OASIS Programs and Public Libraries and Museums
Faculty teach courses and deliver lectures in various community settings.
- Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Program
CASDA enjoys a working partnership with the New York Lottery by overseeing its newest education initiative - The Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Program.
- Low Ropes Challenge Course
The University at Albany Low Ropes Challenge Course provides a fun and interactive team-building opportunity in a safe environment.
CNSE's NANOvember is a month-long series of events and activities that showcase the exciting world of nanotechnology.
- Nanotechnology Explorations for Science, Training and Education Promotion (NEXSTEP)
NEXSTEP, spearheaded by CNSE's NanoEconomics Constellation in partnership with Key Bank and the Key Foundation, is designed to attract high-tech growth to NYS.
- New York State Capital Region OASIS Lifelong Learning Program
NYS Capital Region OASIS is an educational program designed to enhance the quality of life for mature adults.
- New York State Social Work Education Consortium
The consortium is a formal partnership to facilitate professional practice in child welfare to improve results for children and families.
- New York State Summer Writers Institute
A month-long series of writing workshops and readings held at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs in July
- New York State Writers Institute Residencies and Workshops
Community writing workshops offered by Institute writers-in-residence
- RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) of the Capital Region
RSVP Capital Region serves as a clearinghouse linking volunteers aged 55+ with local service organizations meeting critical community needs.
- Regional Adult Education Network, East (RAEN, East)
RAEN, East is one of seven networks in NYS delivering staff/professional development programs for traditional and non-traditional adult educators in eastern upstate NY.
- School of Social Welfare Faculty Outreach
School of Social Welfare faculty members contribute their expertise to a wide range of national and local organizations.
- Social Work Student Exchange, Hallym University, South Korea
The University and Hallym University are partner social work schools that encourage yearly student and faculty exchanges.
- Undergraduate Marketing Program
The marketing department offers scholarships and plans events for students in conjunction with the local chapter of the American Marketing Association.
- World Within Reach Speaker Series
The Speaker Series brings The World Within Reach through engaging discussions led by renowned guest speakers from across the globe
- Writers Institute Publications and Social Media
The Writers Institute's electronic magazine of interviews, transcriptions, and feature articles on visiting writers