Educational Programs for the Community
Explore by Program
- Campus and Community Social Norms Campaign
This campaign is aimed at correcting campus and local community misperceptions about student health and encouraging attitude and behavior change.
- Center for Excellence in Aging & Community Wellness
The Center develops, tests and implements innovative practices and policies addressing the needs of aging persons, their families, and caregivers.
- Center for the Elimination of Minority Health Disparities
The Center focuses on minority health disparities in the smaller cities and towns of New York.
- Health Partnerships with County Governments and Community Health Services
The School of Public Health collaborates with counties throughout New York to support developing community health policy, programs, and assessments.
- Healthy Choices New York
Healthy Choices NY is a statewide initiative to empower older adults by providing evidence-based health promotion programs in community-based settings.
- Humanities Institute for Lifelong Learning & OASIS Programs and Public Libraries and Museums
Faculty teach courses and deliver lectures in various community settings.
- Mohawk Nation of Akwesasne
The Mohawk Nation Community of Akwesasne is concerned about possible effects of PCBs in their waterways.
CNSE's NanoLife program focuses on education, research and deployment of nanotechnology-enabled improvements in occupational, public, and environmental health and safety.
- Northeast Public Health Leadership Institute (NEPHLI)
Northeast Public Health Leadership Institute prepares emerging public health leaders through a combination of residential retreats and distance learning.
- Prevention Research Center Community Summit
For several years, the Prevention Research Center has been conducting a research project to promote walking in rural communities.
- Project LEARN
A contractual program that provides undergraduate instruction to Albany Medical Center employees throughout the year.
- School of Public Health
The School of Public Health links academic study to public health practice, addressing issues such as cardiac care, HIV treatment, and environmental health.