Research, Technical Assistance
Explore by Program
- Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)
CARD is a university-affiliated resource center that brings research and practice together in community settings.
- Center for Excellence in Aging & Community Wellness
The Center develops, tests and implements innovative practices and policies addressing the needs of aging persons, their families, and caregivers.
- Center for Global Health
The Center serves as the School of Public Health’s focal point for international collaborations, research, and programs.
- Center for Health Workforce Studies
The Center collects, tracks, analyzes, interprets, and disseminates information about health professionals at the national, state, and local levels.
- Center for Neuroscience Research
The Center is widely known for its work on neuroplasticity including the development of the nervous system and neurodegeneration.
- Center for the Elimination of Minority Health Disparities
The Center focuses on minority health disparities in the smaller cities and towns of New York.
- Community Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee, comprised of community leaders from partner organizations, helps identify opportunities for collaborative contributions to public health.
- Evidence-based Public Health Training
Evidence-based Public Health Training provides experience to local health practitioners in developing programs based on sound scientific principles.
- Health Partnerships with County Governments and Community Health Services
The School of Public Health collaborates with counties throughout New York to support developing community health policy, programs, and assessments.
- Improving Cardiac Care
Improving Cardiac Care is a research project aimed at improving the quality of cardiac surgery in New York State.
- Institute for Health and the Environment
Promotes interdisciplinary research and grants in the broad area of health and the environment.
- Life Sciences Research Initiative
UAlbany scientists are advancing knowledge across a broad spectrum of research in a multidisciplinary, collaborative, and highly interactive enterprise.
- Northeast Regional Forensic Institute (NERFI)
Addresses the demand for trained forensic professionals and fosters the research to improve the quality and effectiveness of forensic analyses.
- Prevention Research Center Community Summit
For several years, the Prevention Research Center has been conducting a research project to promote walking in rural communities.
- School of Public Health
The School of Public Health links academic study to public health practice, addressing issues such as cardiac care, HIV treatment, and environmental health.