EAP provides this popular defensive driving class each semester, taught by an instructor certified by the National Traffic Safety Institute and the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. This 6-hour class can reduce your auto insurance cost up to 10%, or reduce up to 4 points on your license.
Thursday, December 12
9:00 am - 3:30 pm (includes a half hour lunch break)
Room 110A, School of Public Health, EAST CAMPUS
Instructor: Sharon Simonek, from National Traffic Safety Institute
Course Fee: $22.00 - Make check payable to NTSI and send to EAP Office - MSC #200
Registration/Payment Deadline: Monday, December 9
Click here to register.
ANNUAL SEASONAL FLU SHOT CLINIC
Due to the decreasing number of attendees over the past few years at the EAP-sponsored employee flu shot clinic and the increasing number of venues in the community to receive a flu shot, EAP will not be providing a clinic for this year (2012). Please speak with your physician, and check with your health insurance provider regarding your immunization and vaccination coverage.
Resources for influenza information:
NYS Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE FLU:
Fever over 100 degrees
- Severe headache and muscle aches
- Sore Throat
- Sudden onset of above symptoms
FLU PREVENTION TIPS:
- Stay home if you are ill with the above symptoms to prevent the spread of the flu.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and immediately dispose tissue.
- Clean the surfaces you and others touch often, like doorknobs, computer keyboards, phones, counters, refrigerator handles, etc.
- Wash your hands with soap and hot water frequently and especially after blowing your nose, using the bathroom, and being in contact with someone who is sick.
- Fight stress to boost your immune system with plenty of rest, exercise and a balanced diet.
Source: New York State Department of Health
2013 EARTH AND WELLNESS FAIR
Co-sponsored with the Office of Environmental Sustainability
This year's event was held on Thursday, April 18, 2013.
Hope to see you next year!