EAP provides this popular defensive driving class each semester, taught by an instructor certified by the National Traffic Safety Institute and the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. This 6-hour class can reduce your auto insurance cost up to 10%, or reduce up to 4 points on your license.
There is no class scheduled at this time.
ANNUAL SEASONAL FLU SHOT CLINIC
Due to the decreasing number of attendees over the past few years at the EAP-sponsored employee flu shot clinic and the increasing number of venues in the community to receive a flu shot, EAP will not be providing a clinic for this year (2012). Please speak with your physician, and check with your health insurance provider regarding your immunization and vaccination coverage.
Resources for influenza information:
NYS Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE FLU:
- Fever over 100 degrees
- Severe headache and muscle aches
- Sore Throat
Sudden onset of above symptoms
FLU PREVENTION TIPS:
- Stay home if you are ill with the above symptoms to prevent the spread of the flu.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and immediately dispose tissue.
- Clean the surfaces you and others touch often, like doorknobs, computer keyboards, phones, counters, refrigerator handles, etc.
- Wash your hands with soap and hot water frequently and especially after blowing your nose, using the bathroom, and being in contact with someone who is sick.
- Fight stress to boost your immune system with plenty of rest, exercise and a balanced diet.
Source: New York State Department of Health
2013 EARTH AND WELLNESS FAIR
Co-sponsored with the Office of Environmental Sustainability
This year's event was held on Thursday, April 18, 2013.
Hope to see you next year!