Transfer Admission Requirements
When evaluating transfer applicants for admission, the following factors are considered:
Most programs at UAlbany require a minimum 2.5 overall GPA, but several programs require a higher GPA and/or specific entrance requirements for transfer students:
- Accounting, Business Administration and Digital Forensics require a minimum 3.25 overall GPA.
- Criminal Justice requires a minimum 3.2 overall GPA and completion of additional application materials after an initial review of your application and transcript(s).
- Financial Market Regulation requires a minimum 3.2 overall GPA.
- Bio-Instrumentation, Human Development and Public Health require a minimum 3.0 overall GPA.
- Social Welfare requires a minimum 3.0 overall GPA and completion of additional application materials after an initial review of your application and transcript(s). Admission granted only for the Fall semester.
Prospective transfers who do not meet the requirements may be offered an alternate major option.
- Many programs at UAlbany have specific course requirements in order to be admitted directly to the major. Prospective transfers who do not meet all of the requirements at the time of admission may be offered admission as a proposed or intended major so they can complete the program entrance requirements while enrolled at UAlbany.
- Accepted transfers who are awarded fewer than 24 transfer credits (0-23) will be admitted as undeclared or intended majors only.
High School Record
- Proof of high school graduation or the equivalent is required of all enrolling transfer students. Transfer applicants with fewer than 24 transferable college credits must submt an official final high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores for evaluation.