The East Campus is located in the Town of East Greenbush, Rensselaer County, directly across the Hudson River from the City of Albany. From most points of origin, easiest access is from Interstate Rte. 787. Five minutes from downtown Albany, East Campus has free, easy parking.
- Take the Rensselaer Exit for Rtes. 9 and 20 off of Rte. 787. This travels across the river on the Dunn Memorial Bridge.
- At the end of the bridge, stay to the left, following the signs to East Greenbush via Rtes. 9 and 20.
- Staying on the main road, you will go through Rensselaer and up the hill (Columbia Turnpike — Rtes. 9 and 20)
- After crossing two overpasses (but before the top of the hill) take the second left. This is marked with a large University sign. Head through the large gate and go straight on University Place.
- After the stop sign, go straight through the security gate and park in a designated area.
- Entrance is through the doors in the glass atrium on the newest building in the complex. (i.e., to your left as you enter through the security gate)
Greyhound Bus & Adirondack Trailways serves most of the state with express and local buses. Trailways offers several departures from Collins Circle, on campus, to New York City, Westchester County, and Long Island destinations. The Albany Bus Terminal is located at 34 Hamilton Street. You may call the Albany Bus Terminal 800-858-8555 to receive current information.
Safe, convenient, affordable, daily express, green-certified double decker bus services between Collins Circle at UAlbany and New York City with free Wifi, power outlets, seat belts, clean bathrooms, comfortable seats from $1.00. Visit http://us.megabus.com/ for more information and tickets.
The Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA) has many different bus routes and schedules for traveling to the University and around the Albany area. Bus fare is $1.50 and you will need to have exact change. Transit service is available for people with disabilities.
The train stop serving the University is the Albany-Rensselaer Station, located across the Hudson River from Albany. The station is approximately 7 miles from campus. You can get to campus by taxi and taxis are located at the entrance of the train station.
Albany International Airport
Albany International Airport is the oldest municipal airport in America. It's just a few miles from the University. We are served by a number of major carrier/commuter airline services.
The taxi system in the Capital District area may differ in its rate schedule from the system in your area. Meters are not used and the charge is determined per person, per zone crossed in route to your destination.
Capitaland Taxi: (518) 453-8888
Duffy's Taxi: (518) 433-8400
OK Taxi: (518) 482-5555
Yellow Cab: (518) 434-2222