The mission of the Office of the Vice President for Research at the University at Albany is to support the development and dissemination of new knowledge in a world-class research environment. The Division strives to create and advance intellectually stimulating and rewarding collaborations among faculty, students, research partners, and clients.
Goals and Objectives
- Increase federal research awards
- Implement assessment of research centers and institutes
- Increase opportunities for student research
- Increase research in life sciences, nanosciences, information technology, social sciences, and public policy
- Improve information sharing within the University community, especially regarding research priorities
- Emphasize input by faculty governance in research priority setting and activities