Research Symposium IV -2012 September 14, 2012
Life Science Research Building
University at Albany
SUNY Albany, NY
This symposium is jointly sponsored by the Departments of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Psychology, and the Offices of the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Special thanks to GenScript for generous funding of the awards for Best Speakers and Best Poster.
Symposium Organizers: Drs. Haijun Chen, Biological Sciences and Carla Theimer, Chemistry.
This day-long event provides an opportunity for the latest scientific research showcased in presentations by senior graduate students and postdocs, and brings together researchers from across all of the departments represented in LSRB.
Awards for Platform and Poster Presentations
Platform Awards for 2012:
- Erica J. Hutchins (Szaro lab) “JNK phosphorylation of hnRNP K regulates vertebrate axon outgrowth via a post-transcriptional mechanism.”
- Shayoni Ray (Larsen lab) “ Cell-Based Computational Simulation of Cleft Progression in Salivary Gland Branching Morphogenesis”
- Justin Bueno (Lednev lab) “Can we link gunshot residue to a suspect’s firearm?
- William Jaremko (Niu lab) “RNA Aptamers Against Heteromeric AMPA Receptors”
Poster Award for 2012
- Jennifer L. Lippens (Fabris lab) “Ion Mobility MS Analysis of the 5’-UTR of HIV-1”
The Life Sciences researchers are supported by a
variety of Federal, State and Private agencies.
The Life Sciences initiative includes researchers who are actively publishing in a variety of research fields
MORE NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS