Currently Enrolled Undergraduate or Graduate Student
UALBANY MAIL ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. If you attempt to log into UAlbany Mail using Outlook Web App (OWA) and you receive an Office 365 message stating "It looks like your account has been blocked. Please contact your admin to unblock it.", you must reset your password. Complete the Password Set/Reset and then wait at least 30 minutes before attempting the log in to UAlbany Mail with the new password. Please ensure your password complies with the University's complex password rules and does not contain any portion of your name.
2. If you attempt to log into UAlbany Mail using Outlook Web App (OWA) and you receive an Office 365 message stating "This account can't be used to access Outlook.com. You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com.", you may be using an invalid URL. Go to http://mail.albany.edu and login using your UAlbany NetID and password. Or log into MyUAlbany and access your email account using the UAlbany Mail link in the portal.
1. Access to Blackboard can be found using your class list within the MyUAlbany portal, the Blackboard link on the MyUAlbany Welcome page or by using the direct URL: http://blackboard.albany.edu
2. A Blackboard class is usually available two weeks prior to the first day of class. The instructor controls when the class will be available to students. If your instructor is using Blackboard but the course link does not appear when you login to Blackboard (http://blackboard.albany.edu) or upon clicking the Blackboard class link you receive the message "Resource not found", please contact the instructor or the academic department to ask when the class will be made available to students.
3. Most issues students experience while working in their Blackboard class are caused by their browser or internet connection. You should periodically perform browser maintenance to clear cache and cookies from the browser, and ensure you are using a browser and operating system compatible with Blackboard. If you experience an issue while attempting to submit assignment or participating in an activity in a Blackboard class, perform browser maintenance or try using the Mozilla Firefox browser.
4. Read Blackboard Mobile Learn if you plan to access your Blackboard class using a mobile device.
GENERAL QUICK TIPS:
1: Call the Residential Student Help Line 518-442-4588 to report issues with your internet connection, phone service, a broken jack or Cable TV service.
2: Check the System Status and Scheduled Maintenance article for intended or already reported outage.
3: Most login issues are caused by forgotten password or invalid URL. Reset your password or use the links provided on the UAlbany website instead of a browser bookmark/favorite to access a service.
4: Issues with functionality of your Blackboard class or a link within the MyUAlbany portal may be caused by your browser. Review the Check your browser article for suggestions. The browser version installed on your computer may not be compatible, or you need to perform browser maintenance to clear cache and cookies so web pages will load correctly.
Other questions or issues? Try searching the askIT Wiki before submitting a request. You may find an immediate answer to your question.
Information Technology Services is available to assist you with using the IT resources provided by the University. You can submit this request form or contact the Help Desk to obtain technical assistance.