New England Area
- ACRL/NY Job Postings
- The jobs site of the Greater New York Metropolitan Chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) contains postings from schools, universities, public, and some special libraries. Most listings are in public or academic libraries and from NY, NJ, and PA.
- CDLC Job Postings
- The Capital District Library Council's (CDLC) jobs page contains postings from schools, universities, public, and some special libraries.
- CLRC: Job Postings
- The Central New York Library Resources Council (CLRC) job site contains postings from schools, universities, public, and special libraries in Central NY, including the Capital District.
- LLAGNY Job Postings
- Site from the Law Librarian Association of Greater NY (LLAGNY) is limited to law librarian announcements.
- Long Island Library Jobline Service
- This website, maintained by the Long Island Library Resources Council, lists open library positions on Long Island. All types of library jobs are posted; listings are updated weekly.
- METRO Magnet Job Postings
- The Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO) maintains this site, which lists academic, archival, public and special library job postings from the organization's 270 member libraries in the New York City metropolitan area. There are also many good links to sites about resume writing and interviewing.
- NJLA Jobs Hotline
- The New Jersey Library Association (NJLA) updates its jobs page weekly with academic, public, school, and special library openings.
- Northern New York Library Network
- The Northern New York Library Network lists jobs available in their region. Members consist of academic, public, school and special libraries.
- NYLA Job Links
- The links maintained by the New York Libraries Association's (NYLA) Library Administration and Management Roundtable center on New York government jobs, library association job pages within New York, and a short list of miscellaneous sites. No individual jobs are posted on this page, but it's a helpful gateway site.
- The New York State Library's Division of Library Development maintains a listing of library-related job openings in and around New York State.
- RRLC: Regional Library Job Postings
- The Rochester Regional Library Council (RRLC) maintains a listing for academic, public, school, and special librarian openings. They also have a section for additional job resources.
- SENYLRC Employment Opportunities
- The Southeastern NY Library Resources Council's (SENYLRC) job site lists academic, public, school, and special librarian openings in Southeastern New York.
- UNYSLA - Upstate New York Jobs
- The Upstate New York Chapter of the Special Libraries Association maintains a small jobs list that is updated approximately every week. Positions listed are in special libraries, most are in corporate and university settings, and all are in Upstate New York.
- WNYLRC Job Listings
- The Western New York Library Resources Council (WNYLRC) posts job listings in their region, which serves the counties of Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, and Orleans. Academic, public, school, and special library postings are available.
New England Area
- SLA New England
- Jobs in special libraries in the Boston vicinity are posted on this site as they are received.
- Jobline - Rhode Island
- This site lists primarily public and academic library positions in Rhode Island and other New England states.
- Maine Library Jobs
- Public, academic, special, and school media library positions for professionals and paraprofessionals are listed. This site is updated as new positions are announced.
- Massachusetts Library Jobs
- Public and academic professional and library support jobs throughout Massachusetts are listed here.
- New England Archivists Jobs
- The New England Archivists maintain this site that lists archivist and special library positions; it also links to other New England and national job search sites.
- New England Jobline
- The Graduate School of Library & Information Science at Simmons College maintains a New England Jobline that is updated weekly with public, academic, special, school library, and archivist positions.
- New Hampshire Library Jobline
- The New Hampshire State Library's job links are updated weekly and include public, academic, special, and school media library opportunities. It only lists jobs in New Hampshire.
- Vermont Library Association Jobs
- Postings for academic, school, public, and special libraries in Vermont are listed here for up to two months.
Archives & Records Management
Systems - Technology
Meta Job Sites
Archives & Records Management
- Chronicle of Higher Education's Career Network
- Their job postings are not limited to only library positions. However, to locate library jobs click on "Faculty Positions," then "Professional/Vocational Fields," and then scroll down to view the library positions list.
- GWLA Employment Opportunities
- The Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA) lists university and college library position vacancies in the central and western United States.
- NASIG Jobs
- The North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG) posts openings in academic librarians for primarily technical services positions. They gather their job postings from several technical service and IT-related listservs.
- Cornell University hosts Preservenet, which contains an archivist job announcements section that is updated as positions arrive.
- SAA: Online Employment Bulletin
- Archivist positions are posted weekly on Thursdays and remain listed for two months.
- America's Job Bank
- Allows searching of all jobs by region, title, or keyword, and has free registration for resume posting.
- Search for jobs using simple and advanced features and post up to five resumes and cover letters at this site.
- This mega-site contains job postings, professional development information, and a learning center for courses. Also allows for resume and cover letter posting and personalization of services.
- Archives of GovDoc-L
- Positions are posted to the government documents listserv, which has completely searchable archives.
- The US Federal Government search page is searchable by keyword, grade, or by location. The jobs database is updated daily and the site contains helpful information for locating government jobs.
- USA Jobs
- This is the official job site of the US government, which lists federal jobs and employment information. You can search by keyword, state, or occupation.
Systems - Technology
Meta Job Sites
- ASIST Jobline Online
- This site was constructed by the American Society for Information Science and Technology to help job seekers in the Information technology field find new employment opportunities.
- An IT job board with high-tech permanent, contract and consulting jobs. A world of career development resources are available to IT professionals.
- OCLC Careers
- The Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) is headquartered in Dublin, OH, but serves locations around the world. The corporation develops online services and software for libraries.
- ALA JobLIST
This gateway site to online American Library Association job services contains a wealth of information about working in libraries and library job postings.
I Need a Library Job - Naomi House's site is a one-stop webpage/journal that includes interviews with current professionals, book reviews, articles, and job listings. The site is updated daily.
Library Job Postings on the Internet
LibGig is a professional networking website dedicated to bringing together everyone who accesses, organizes, creates, manages, produces, or distributes information for a living.
- Sarah Nesbeitt's site indexes pages with library job postings in the United States, Canada, Europe, and other locations. Jobs are divided into categories: academic, archives/records management, federal libraries, individual libraries, school library media, and special libaries. Organization and volume are the strengths of this site.
- LibJobs Career Site
- Lists positions in United States and Canadian academic and public libraries.
- K-12 Jobs
- Jobs, including librarians, in schools across the nation are listed on this site.
- School Library Journal
- A limited quantity of job announcements taken from the classified advertisements within the journal are listed on the page.
- Library Jobs: School Library Media
- This site comes courtesy of Sarah Nesbeitt, and contains links to job sites that are regional and national in nature.
- American Association of Law Libraries Career Center
- Law librarian and other librarian jobs at law firms or law schools are listed at this site.
- ARLIS/NA: JobNet
- The job postings site from the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) lists vacancy announcements for art librarians, visual resources professionals, and related positions. There is also a searchable archive on the page.
- Medical Library Association: Careers
- The Medical Library Association site discusses careers in medical librarianship, provides links to brochures, and links to jobs in the health information profession. Their jobs pages lists recent postings (which are available to MLA members for two weeks before appearing on this public site). The page also links to other medical librarian job sites.
- Music Library Association: Job Placement Service
- Openings in music libraries within the United States are indexed and searchable by the date posted.
- Special Libraries Association News Division
- This site lists openings across the country in news media libraries and media organizations.
Note: Many state library associations and library schools have job postings on their sites.
- Academic Careers Online
- Global academic job site to search in education and academia for full and part-time teaching and administrative jobs at colleges, universities, and research institutes around the world. Search current job openings, submit a resume and receive e-mails when matching job opportunities are listed.
- BUBL Link:Careers
- Updated frequently, this site lists library and information science jobs in Europe and the United States. Most are from academic or special libraries and include IT positions.
- Canadian Library Association (CLA) Career Opportunities
- The CLA site lists various librarian and information professional jobs throughout Canada.
- This site for international non-profit organizations allows job searching limited by categories, such as library science or database manager.
- International Career Employment Center
- The "Hot Jobs This Week" section is updated weekly, company profiles are helpful, and has links to other agencies for international work.
- This site from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Information Studies lists mostly Canadian, and a few U.S., positions in library and information science, archival studies, records management and information systems.
- LIS Jobnet
- This site is the online version of the British-based Library Association's recruitment journal, titled Library and Information Appointments. The LIS Jobnet lists positions for librarians in Britain and has job hunting tips and salary guides as well as other career resources. Jobs remain listed on the site for two weeks.