Activate Your Net ID!
After you have been accepted to IELP, Information Technology Services (ITS) will email you a PIN number and instructions on how to activate your Net ID, your MyUAlbany account, and your UAlbany email account.
Why do you need a NET ID?
- To use the computers on campus.
- To access your MyUAlbany account.
- To activate your UAlbany email account.
- To apply for housing in the dorms.
First find out your PIN:
- Your PIN letter may have been emailed to you.
- If you don’t know your PIN, go to the HELP DESK in LC-27 on the main campus.
- The HELP DESK will ask your name, Albany ID number, birthday and address in your country. Have this information ready.
- You can also call the HELP DESK at (518) 442-3700.
- Write down your PIN: _______________
Next, activate your MyUAlbany account and your email account.
- Go to the MyUAlbany website: www.albany.edu/myualbany
- Click PASSWORD Set/Reset.
- Enter your Albany ID.
- Enter your PIN.
- Follow the instructions for creating a MyUAlbany complex password.
The password must be 8 or more characters long. It must include at least one letter, one number and one symbol. Choose something easy to remember!
- Click SUBMIT.
- You will get a Net ID and a password. WRITE DOWN THIS NET ID!!
- Use your NET ID and password to log onto MyUAlbany and to log onto the computers in the user rooms.
- Go to http://webmail.albany.edu to use your new email account.
- Your email address is your NetID@albany.edu
- Note: The University at Albany may use this email account contact you. Please check it periodically.