Activate Your Net ID!
Why do you need a NET ID?
- To use Wi-Fi on campus or to use university computers.
- To log into your albany.edu email account
- To access your MyUAlbany account. (Use MyUAlbany to pay your bill, apply for the dorm, update your address, etc.)
Step 1: Find your PIN:
Your PIN was emailed to the personal email account you provided on your application.
- If you lost or forgot your PIN, go to MyUAlbany
- Click Student Log In
- Click “Password Set/Reset”
- Click “Forgot PIN”
- The PIN will be sent to the personal email address you provided with your application to IELP.
If you need help, call the Help Desk at (518) 442-3700. To verify your identity, the HELP DESK will ask your name, Albany ID number, birthday and home address in your country. Have this information ready.
Step 2: Create a password and get your NetID:
- Go to the MyUAlbany website: http://www.albany.edu/myualbany.
- Select the UAlbany Password Set/Reset link located under Quick Links.
- For the Password Set, enter your AlbanyID, Date of Birth and PIN; then click Next
- Select and answer a security question; then create and answer a second security question. Click Next.
- Create a password that complies with the Complex Password Rules.
- The last page will display your NetID. Write down your NetID: ______________ and remember your password.
- Use your NetID and password to log into MyUalbany and university email.
- Go to http://mail.albany.edu to use your new email account.
- The University at Albany will use this email account contact you. Please check it regularly.
- If you have trouble logging into your Albany email, complete the Password Set/Reset process (available on the email log-in page) and wait 30 minutes before trying again.
Web sites used by students: