Activate Your Net ID!
After you have been accepted to IELP, Information Technology Services (ITS) will email you a PIN number and instructions on how to activate your Net ID.
Why do you need a NET ID?
- To use the computers on campus.
- To access your MyUAlbany account.
- To use your UAlbany email account.
- To apply for housing in the dorm.
- To access WiFi on campus.
- To pay your bill online.
First find out your PIN:
- Your PIN letter should have been emailed to you.
- If you don’t know your PIN, go to the HELP DESK in LC-27 on the main campus.
- The HELP DESK will ask your name, Albany ID number, birthday and address in your country. Have this information ready.
- You can also call the HELP DESK at (518) 442-3700.
- Write down your PIN: _______________
Next, activate your NetID:
- Go to UAlbany Password Set/Reset.
- Follow the instructions to set your password and receive your NetID.
Check your UAlbany Email:
- Go to UAlbany Mail.
- Check this email regularly. The university will use this email address to communicate with you.
Log into MyUalbany:
- Go to MyUAlbany.
- Click on My Student Log On
- Make sure that your mailing address and email address are correct.
- Update your address and phone number after you arrive in the U.S.
- Make sure that your SEVIS U.S address and your SEVIS Foreign address are correct. Update these addresses if they change while you are studying at UAlbany.