Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art Degree Program
General Requirements (60 credits required)
- Studio Art (48 credits, minimum)
- Area of specialization (28 credits): painting, sculpture, drawing, digital imaging, printmaking or combined media which combines two areas.
- Art 700 Departmental Seminar (4 credits)
- Art 745 Exhibition Thesis Project (4 credits)
- Studio art (4 credits) in any area other than the area of specialization
- Studio electives (8 credits)
- Art History (7 credits)
- Arh 600 Seminar in Contemporary Art (4 credits)
- Three (3) credits of any Art History course of 500 or above
- General electives (5 credits)
Satisfactory participation in a one-person exhibition in the University Museum is required as a part of the Exhibition Thesis Project.