11. What resources does UAlbany provide to support my research?
- The Office for Sponsored Programs should be your first point of contact in getting your research projects off the ground. OSP offers services in research development assistance, grant and contract administration, and University awards.
- You may want to sign up right away for the Community of Science distribution list, which provides you with a weekly e-mail update on the most recent opportunities for grant funding
- The Office of the Vice President for Research supports the development and dissemination of new research. The Faculty Research Information page offers some helpful guidelines and information to help faculty members in finding funding, preparing a proposal, and executing an award.
- UAlbany Libraries offer many useful resources to support your research, including Interlibrary Loan, Delivery Services, Technology Resources and Special Collections.
- Check out Initiatives for Women to find funding opportunities for a wide variety of purposes.
- UUP offers a Campus Grants Program intended to supplement campus funding for projects or activities that would develop or enhance cooperative problem solving, professional development, creative use and understanding of technology, safer working conditions and understanding and facilitating diversity in the workplace.
- Many departments are affiliated with Centers throughout the University that may be offer grant support. Ask your department head if you have access to these resources.
- The ITS Research IT unit is available to provide IT consultation services to faculty in the grant development process. The unit's services include pre-grant assistance; facilities set up and configuration; and production environment and decommissioning assistance.