En EspañolIn English

Social Science 251
1400 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12222

Hours: M-F, 9am - 5pm

PDF ICON ITLAL's Annual Report 2007-08
banner image ITLAL's Home Page University at Albany's Home page
<<<Return to RESOURCES FOR NEW GTA >>>

4. Where’s my paperwork?

After receiving a verbal offer of a graduate assistant position, you will likely begin staking out your mailbox, waiting for a packet of information from the University. Stay in contact with the department chair who hired you, or his/her administrative assistant, to make sure a written offer letter comes to you in a timely manner, so you can prepare your move while knowing that you really have a position.

You will not receive most of your paperwork until you have arrived here in Albany and come to campus. Human Resources Management will send to your department a large packet with information about health and retirement benefits, faculty union membership, etc.

You should report to Human Resources Management within the first 3 days of your employment with the University (as per Professional Employment Procedures) to complete the necessary paperwork. Most importantly, you will be asked to submit an Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form, so that you can be put on the payroll.