Information and Steps to Apply for Health Insurance Waiver
All international students are automatically enrolled in SUNY HTH Health Insurance and MEDEX Emergency Assistance and Evacuation Insurance upon registration for classes. If you decide to purchase alternate insurance coverage, your insurance policy MUST offer the minimum benefits below.
- Emergency and non emergency medical care
- Treatment for pre-existing conditions
- Maternity services
- In-hospital room and board
- Inpatient and outpatient care for mental/nervous conditions
- Outpatient alcoholism and substance abuse coverage
- Prescription drugs
- X-Rays and laboratory work
- Ambulance service
- Treatment for self inflicted injuries and suicide related services
- $300,000.00 maximum reimbursement rate per illness.
- $50 deductible per illness or injury
- Insurance directly pays the provider or pharmacy in the U.S. for services rendered. You do not reimburse the doctor directly.
If your policy includes the above benefits, you may complete the online waiver application for HTH Health Insurance only. The waiver application does not apply for MEDEX Emergency Assistance Insurance. Please read all instructions carefully and have your policy information available.
Upon completion, you will soon be notified if your application was temporarily approved (with additional instructions to obtain proof of coverage) or denied.
Deadline for all waiver requirements is February 15, 2015.