Information and Steps to Apply for Health Insurance Waiver
All international students are automatically enrolled in SUNY HTH Health Insurance and Emergency Assistance and Evacuation Insurance upon registration for classes. If you decide to purchase alternate insurance coverage, your insurance policy MUST offer the minimum benefits below.
- Insurance directly pays the provider or pharmacy in the U.S. for services rendered. You do not reimburse the doctor directly.
- $300,000.00 maximum reimbursement rate per illness.
- Inpatient and outpatient care for mental/nervous conditions
- Emergency and non emergency medical care
- Treatment for pre-existing conditions
- Maternity services
- In-hospital room and board
- Outpatient alcoholism and substance abuse coverage
- Prescription drugs
- X-Rays and laboratory work
- Ambulance service
- Treatment for self inflicted injuries and suicide related services
- $50 deductible per illness or injury
If your policy meets the above minimum requirements:
- Please print out blank waiver application
- Send to your insurance provider for completion and signature
- Completed form to be submitted by mail or email to:
University at Albany
International Education Sl-G40
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Deadline for waiver application is October 15, 2015.
Note: Waiver application applies to health insurance ONLY. Students can NOT waive out of the emergency assistance and evacuation insurance.