Click below for an Enrollment Application for HTH Health Insurance and/or FrontierMEDEX and a copy of the Benefits Brochures. All forms and policy information are also available in ISSS.
- Enrollment Form
- HTH Benefits Brochure
- HTH Inbound International Program
- HTH Inbound International Program for OPT Participants
- FrontierMEDEX Benefits Brochure (Emergency Assistance and Evacuation Insurance)
All international students who are not U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents are automatically enrolled in the SUNY HTH Worldwide Health Insurance when they register for one credit hour or more. Spouses and/or children of enrolled students are also required to carry health insurance within thirty one (31) days after arrival to the U.S. The student must enroll their dependents and pay the insurance company for the cost of the dependents' insurance.
It is recommended that you do not purchase International Health Insurance before you arrive in Albany, as it may not meet the University's Mandatory Health Insurance requirements. You will be required to enroll in our University's group health insurance if you do not have other health insurance that meets the University's health insurance requirements.
NOTE: Graduate students with assistantships receive health insurance as a benefit and are not automatically enrolled in the mandatory international health insurance. However, they must still purchase MEDEX insurance and health insurance for their dependents, if any.
The health insurance does not cover physical examinations, routine eye or dental care. You can avoid additional, large health expenses here by completing physical examinations and necessary eye or dental care before you travel to the U.S. If you wear glasses or contact lenses, you might consider bringing a second pair and a copy of your prescription.
The cost for International Health Insurance and FrontierMEDEX for the 2013-2014 is as follows:
- Fall 2014 for 5 months (Aug. 2014 – Jan. 2015): HTH $480.00; MEDEX: $35.00
- SP & SU 2014 for 7 months (Jan. 15, 2014 – Aug. 14, 2014): HTH $672.00; MEDEX $49.00
- SU 2014-only for 3 months (May 15, 2014 – Aug. 14, 2014): HTH $ 288.00; MEDEX: $21.00
Individual monthly charges are as follows:
Note: This amount is for individual students or exchange students here for one term only.
- $92.75 per month for students
- $198.94 per month for spouses
- $106.15 per month per child
Please contact the ISSS Health Insurance Coordinator if you would like to purchase HTH Health Insurance and/or FrontierMEDEX for your dependents. You may fill out the Dependent Enrollment Form below and bring it with you when you visit ISSS.
- Dependent Enrollment Form
- HTH Dependent Benefits Brochure
- Dependents of J-1 Visa Employees of SUNY or Research Foundation