University Health Center Referral and Filing Claims
What do I do if I am referred from the University Health Center?
As an international student enrolled in HTH, your primary health care provider is the University Health Center. In non-emergency cases, you should always visit the Health Center first. In doing so, you are able to waive the $50 deductible charge if you are referred to an off-campus physician or specialist. Another reason for visiting University Health Center is that some doctors do not accept patients if they are not referred from their primary health care provider. To waive your $50 deductible charge, you must obtain a "REFERRAL CODE" from the Health Center and submit the code online in your HTH Worldwide account. Otherwise, HTH would not know you visited Health Center first and will not waive the $50 charge.
When do I need to file a claim?
Usually, if you go to a health care provider that carries HTH insurance, including the University Health Center, or if you are referred from Health Center to off-campus physician, ambulance company, or other provider, the health care provider will send their bill directly to HTH. However, if they send you the bill directly, you will need to file a claim to notify HTH so that HTH will make the payment of your claim.
How to File a Claim (for detailed and most up-to-date information, log on to www.hthstudents.com)
- Fill out The Member Claim Form if you receive a bill for health care service, or The Prescription Reimbursement Form if you are claiming for a prescription charge. The forms are also downloadable at the HTH Worldwide website after you log on to your HTH account.
- Follow the instructions on the form and fill out completely, even if the answer is "none" or "N/A." Remember to sign the back of the form.
- If you have more than one bill or prescription, you must submit a claim for each one.
- Be certain that the name on your bill is the same as the one on your HTH ID card. If not, please explain the differences in a separate note or letter.
- Attach the provider's original bill and/or documentation to the claim form and mail to the address indicated on the form. You may keep a copy of the original bill for your own record. Do not send copies.
How long does it take for my claim to be processed?
HTH Worldwide's goal is to process your claim within 30 days of receipt. You may check your claim progress on your HTH account. Please note that submitting an incomplete form will result in delays in the payment of your claim. All claims must be filed with HTH within the six (6) month period from the date of the incurred expense.
What should I do if I keep receiving bills from the same health care provider after I have filed a claim?
Many doctors will continue to send out bills for services until payment is received from the insurance company. You only need to submit your claim once to HTH.