New Member Education Programs
Are you interested in joining our ever-growing family?
New Member Requirements
All potential new members or aspirants must meet certain criteria prior to the start of their new member education/pledge process. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of the Fraternity and Sorority Affairs staff.
- Be at least a second semester freshman with 12 completed college credits.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Complete Fraternity and Sorority Life 101 on MyInvolvement.
- Transfer students must also obtain an electronic copy of their unofficial transcript from their previous institution and attach it to the Fraternity and Sorority Life 101 form.
Meeting the above stated criteria does not guarantee your acceptance into a fraternity or sorority.
SOCIAL & CULTURAL FRATERNITIES & SOCIAL FELLOWSHIPS
- Alpha Chi Rho Fraternity, Inc.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship, Inc.
- Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- La Unidad Latina/Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity, Inc.
- Lambda Sigma Upsilon Latino Fraternity, Inc.
- Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
- MALIK Fraternity, Inc.
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Pi Delta Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Beta Rho Fraternity, Inc.
- Theta Delta Chi International Fraternity
- Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity, Inc.
SOCIAL & CULTURAL SORORITIES
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Alpha Omicron Pi Women’s Fraternity
- Alpha Xi Delta Women’s Fraternity
- Corazones Unidos Siempre/Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority Inc.
- Delta Delta Sigma Sorority
- Delta Phi Epsilon International Sorority
- Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Gamma Rho Lambda National Sorority
- Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc.
- Kappa Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Lambda Theta Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Latinas Promoviendo Comunidad/Lambda Pi Chi Sorority Inc.
- Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Sigma Delta Tau National Sorority
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Sigma Iota Sigma Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
- Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc.
- Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority, Inc.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
SERVICE & PRE-PROFESSIONAL FRATERNITIES
- Alpha Phi Omega
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Kappa Alpha Pi
- Phi Delta Epsilon
- Pi Sigma Epsilon
If you are considering joining a fraternity or sorority, you need to be sure the group is currently recognized and in good standing with the University at Albany. It is a violation of the University’s Community Rights & Responsibilities for students to affiliate with fraternities, sororities or social fellowships that have had their recognition suspended or permanently revoked by the University. You should be aware that the following Greek organizations are not affiliated with the University and/or cannot conduct pledging or remain active in any way on this campus:
- Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority (suspended until fall 2014)
- Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity
- Alpha Phi Sorority
- Chi Phi Fraternity
- Delta Chi Fraternity
- Kappa Delta Sorority
- Nu Alpha Phi Fraternity
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority
- Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity (Pi Kap’s)
- Psi Gamma Sorority
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity (SAE)
- Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity (Sammy)
- Sigma Chi Epsilon Fraternity (Sig Ep)
- Sigma Epsilon Fraternity (Sig Ep)
- Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity (TKE)
As you consider membership in any recognized club or organization, please understand that the University does not condone hazing in any form. If you suspect you are being hazed or if you know someone is being hazed, I strongly encourage you to report your observations; do not assume that nothing serious will happen as a result of the hazing activity. For more information on what constitutes hazing or to find out more information on how to report an incident, please visit www.albany.edu/stophazing or email email@example.com.
For more information regarding our Fraternity and Sorority community, please contact Arleny Alvarez-Pena, Assistant Director for Student Organization Management, Office of Student Involvement & Leadership at (518) 442-5566.