Confidential Disclosure Agreement
The purpose of a Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA) is to protect information that is considered proprietary or confidential in nature and that you may wish to discuss with someone outside of the University at Albany and/or someone from outside of the University may wish to discuss with you.
For your use, the Office for Innovation Development and Commercialization has developed a CDA template in Word format, which can be modified as needed. To use it:
- Download the CDA template and save it in Word format.
- Fill in the required information where indicated on the CDA and as noted in this checklist:
- Page 1, First paragraph
- Insert the date the agreement is to become effective.
- Insert the name of the company (or sole proprietor, where applicable).
- Insert the state in which the company (or sole proprietor) is incorporated.
- Insert the address of the company’s (or sole proprietor's) principal place of business.
- Page 1, Paragraph A
- Provide a brief description of the technology or information that is to be protected by this agreement.
- Page 2, Paragraph 3
- Complete the information for the primary company contact for exchange of confidential information.
- Complete the information for the primary University at Albany contact for exchange of confidential information.
- Page 6
- Insert the name and title of the company representative who is authorized to sign the agreement.
- Insert the name and title of the primary company contact person for exchange or confidential information.
- Insert the name and title of the primary University at Albany contact person for exchange of confidential information.
- Email the filled-in agreement in Word format to OIDC at email@example.com.
- You may be contacted by someone from OIDC to clarify or obtain additional information.
- Once the review is completed and the terms of the agreement finalized, all parties listed on the signature page must sign the agreement to fully execute it.
- All parties will then receive a copy of the fully-executed agreement for their records.
If you need additional assistance, please contact:
Office for Innovation Development and Commercialization
University at Albany—SUNY
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12222
Phone: (518) 442-3270
Fax: (518) 442-3350