The CFG provides transgenic mice and gene targeting technologies for in vivo gene function analysis and generation of animal models. This is done by either pronuclear injection, or mouse ES (Embryonic Stem) cell electroporation and subsequent blastocyst injection.
Molecular Biology Services
- Library screening and isolation of the desired genomic or cDNA clone
- Cloning and characterization of mouse genomic DNA target
- Design and generation of transgenic constructs (cloning, vector construction)
- Design and generation of targeting vector, with positive/negative selection
- Design and generation of site-specific recombination in cells and mice based on Cre-loxP or Flp-FRT technology.
- Histology of mouse tissues
- Transgene developmental characterization and expression analysis using lacZ or Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) reporter genes
- In situ hybridization of mRNA
- Behavioral phenotyping
- Transgene tissue distribution by RNase protection or RT-PCR
Mice are housed in barrier facilities maintained by Taconic Farms, Inc. and are guaranteed to be Specific Pathogen Free (SPF).
For more information, please contact Dr. Brian A. Parr, Director of the Mouse Transgenic Facility at (518) 591-7213 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.