The Proteomics Core Facility combines in-depth expertise with state-of-the-art facilities for the large-scale characterization of proteins expressed in health and disease. Proteomics involves the identification of proteins in the body and the determination of their role in such activities as transmitting disease. The goal is to identify protein structures; interactions and pathways so that new disease markers and drug targets can be identified that will help create new products to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases. Our scientific team has experience in all facets of proteomics analysis including sample processing for high-resolution 2D gel electrophoresis, multidimensional chromatography, isotopic labeling mass spectrometry analysis by ESI/MS/MS, sequence analysis, and bioinformatics. These results, in conjunction with genomic database comparisons, enable us to describe the potential role of novel proteins identified through our proteomics discovery platform. The proteomics and mass spectrometry services at CFG are accessible to any academic investigators from any institution as well as clients from industry.
- Liquid chromatography
- Protein and peptide purification
- 1D and 2D gel electrophoresis
- Gel imaging and analysis
- Sample processing (isotope labeling, enzymatic digestion and fractionation)
- MALDI-TOF peptide mass fingerprint (PMF)
- Protein identification (Protein ID)
- Phosphopeptide mapping (TiO2IMAC, LC-MS/MS approaches)
- Protein profiling though MudPIT, ITRAQ or SILAC
- Biomarker discovery
- Metabolite ID and quantitation
- De novo peptide sequencing
- Amino acid analysis
We work closely with our clients in a professional and confidential manner. Our client list includes academic and commercial institutions from around the world.
For more information, we invite you to contact Dr. Qishan Lin at 518-591-7214 or at email@example.com.