Director, UAlbany Proteomics Facility
Research Associate Professor, Biomedical Sciences
- Ph.D. (Analytical Chemistry) 1996, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- MSc. (Organic Chemistry) 1991, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- B.S. (Chemistry) 1988, National University of Defense and Technology, China
- Chief Proteomics Scientist, Myomatrix Therapeutics, Rensselaer, NY (2001-2002)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY (2001-2002)
- Research associate, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Seattle, WA (1997-2000)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1997-2000)
- Research Associate Professor, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China (1997)
- Practice Research Assistant Professor, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China (1991-1996)
- Comparative study of phycobiliprotein from four types of marine blue and red alga (Bangia fusco-purpurea, Porphyra haianensis, P.yezoensis and Spirulina platensis) with respect to their separation techniques, structure and functions
- Study on synthesis of new type of chromatographic media and its application in bonded phase of reversed, hydrophobic, ion exchange, size exclusion and affinity chromatography
- Purification and characterization of transthyretin from human blood, and Development of new labeling reagent for sub-fmol level mono-saccharide analysis for glyco-protein by HPLC and HPCE
- Enzymatic study of a phosphatidic acid-preferring phospholipase A1 (PA-PLA1) from bovine testis using vesicle assay system; Identification and sequencing species- or tissue-specific iso-forms of PA-PLA1 in bovine sperm cells by means of high-resolution two dimensional gel electrophoresis and Nano-HPLC/electrospray mass spectrometry
- Using liposome artificial membrane to probe the kinetics of the interfacial enzymes
- Structural and functional study of a novel angiotensinase from a failing human heart; Proteomic approach to profile membrane proteins in a failing human heart vs. non-failing human heart; Proteomic charaterization neonatal rat cardiomyocytes; Application of proteomics approach to identify trans-regulatory networks of myosin heavy chain
- Application proteomics approaches including high-resolution 2D electrophoresis, multidimensional chromatography, mass spectrometry, and database to infer and describe biological process
- Quantitative proteomics for biomarker discovery and validation
- Chemical proteomics
- Development of novel platforms for post-translational modification identification including phosphorylation, methylation and acetylation
- Development of nanospray LC-multiple reaction monitoring (MRM)-MS assays for biological applications
- Kinetically stable proteins: applications to conformational diseases
- Lu, Heng; Wang, Xianhui; Li, Tianshu; Urvalek, Alison M.; Yu, Lin; Li, Jieli; Zhu, Jinghua; Lin, Q.; Peng, Xu; Zhao, Jihe
Identification of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP-1) as a novel Krueppel-like factor 8-interacting and -regulating protein (2011)
Journal of Biological Chemistry, 286(23), 20335-20344
- Dyavaiah, M., Rooney, J., Chittur, S., Lin, Q., and Begley, T., (2011)
Autophagy-Dependent Regulation of the DNA Damage Response Protein Ribonucleotide Reductase
Molecular Cancer Research, 9(4):462.
- Urvalek, A.M., Heng, L., Wang, X., Li, T., Yu, L., Zhu, J., Lin, Q., Zhao, J.
Regulation of the oncoprotein KLF8 by a switch between acetylation and sumoylation (2011)
American Journal of Translational Research, 3(2):121-132
- Xu, H.Z, Huang, Y., Wu, Y., Zhao, Y., Xiao, W., Lin, Q., Sun, H., Dai, W., and Chen, G.
Pharicin A, a novel natural ent-kaurene diterpenoid, induces mitotic arrest and mitotic catastrophe of cancer cells by interfering with BubR1 function (2010)
Cell Cycle, 9(14): 1-11
- Gong, Y., C. F. Lippa, Zhu, J., and Lin, Q.
Disruption of glutamate receptors at Shank-postsynaptic platform in Alzheimer's disease (2009)
Brain Res, 1292: 191-8.
- Zhe, W., Ning, T., Sun, Y., Zhu, J., Zhu, Y., Lin, Q., He, G.
Understanding rice plant resistance to the Brown Planthopper (Nilaparvata lugens): a proteomic approach (2009)
PROTEOMICS, 9(10), 2798-2808.
- Luo, J., Ning, T., Sun, Y., Zhu, J., Zhu, Y., Lin, Q., Yang, D.
Proteomic Analysis of Rice Endosperm Cells in Response to Expression of hGM-CSF(2009)
J Proteome Res, 8(2), 829-837.
- Manning, M., Hesham, H., Lin, Q., Colon, W
The subproteome of kinetically stable proteins in Escherichia Coli (2007)
PNAS, 104(44), 17329-34.
- Zheng, X, Teck Ho Lee, R, Wang, Y, Lin, Q. and Wang, Yue
Phosphorylation of Rga2, a Cdc42 GAP, by CDK/Hgc1 is crucial for Candida albicans hyphal growth (2007)
The EMBO Journal, 26, 3760-3769
- Snelling, W., Lin, Q., Moore, J., et al.
A proteomic analysis of Cryptosporidium parvum and of protein expression during excystation (2007)
Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, 6, 346-355