Director, DNA Microarray Core Facilty
Research Associate Professor, Dept. Biomedical Sciences
School of Public Health
- M.B.A. (New Venture Development), 2014, University at Albany-SUNY, Albany, NY
- Ph.D. (Medicinal Chemistry) 1996, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- B.S. (Pharmacy) 1991, Bombay University, India.
- Senior Scientist, Myomatrix Therapeutics, Rensselaer, NY (2002)
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN (1997-2002)
Honors and Awards
- Rho Chi Pharmacy Honor Society
- Promising Inventor of the Year, SUNY
- Business Review 40 under 40
- Application of high throughput technologies in functional genomics
- Epigenetics and pharmacogenomics
- Enzyme kinetics
- Chemical biology and drug discovery
- Utilization of Microarray and qPCR technologies for gene expression profiling and genotyping.
- Utilization of Microarray and qPCR technologies for epigenetic profiling.
- Utilization of multicolor flow cytometry for immunophenotyping and cell sorting.
- Development of kinase inhibitors for pulmonary hypertension.
- Investigation of an alternate mechanism of action for ansamycins.
- Purification and characterization of human ADE2 protein overexpressed in E. coli.
- Crystallization of IGP synthase, GMP synthetase and human ADE2.
- Isolation and purification of wild type and mutant GMPS, IGPS and N1-[(5'-phosphoribosyl)formimino]-5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide isomerase from E. coli.
- Development of a viable expression system for human GMPS and the biophysical characterization of this enzyme from E. coli.
- Synthesis of substrates and inhibitors to study the inhibition and mechanism of GMPS using stopped-flow spectroscopy.
- Synthesis and characterization of inhibitors of IGPS from E. coli and S. cerevisiae
- Synthesis of substrate analogs and inhibitors of glucosamine-6-phosphate synthase (involved in chitin biosynthesis) from C. albicans and S. cerevisiae.
- Isolation and purification of glucosamine-6-phosphate synthase from C. albicans and S. cerevisiae
- Development of a HPLC method to assay chlorzoxazone as a probe for cytochrome P450 2E1 metabolism.
Selected Publications (full list at Pubmed)
- Dyavaiah, M. Rooney, J.P., Chittur, S.V., Lin, Q. Begley, T.J. (2011)
Autophagy-Dependent Regulation of the DNA Damage Response Protein Ribonucleotide Reductase 1.
Mol. Can. Research February 22
- Jain R., Devine T., George A.D., Chittur S.V., Baroni T.E., Penalva L.O., Tenenbaum S.A.(2011)
RIP-Chip analysis: RNA-Binding Protein Immunoprecipitation-Microarray (Chip) Profiling.
Methods in Molecular Biology 703, 247-263.
- Gorski J.P., Huffman, N.T., Chittur S.V., Midura R.J., Black, C. Oxford, J, Seidah, N.G. (2011)
Inhibition of SKI-1 proprotein convertase and caspase-3 blocks transcription of key extracellular matrix genes regulating osteoblastic mineralization.
J. Biol Chem. 286(3), 1836-1849.
- Gibbs, K., Chittur, S.V., Szaro, B.G. (2010)
The loss of regenerative capacity of spinal cord axons resulting from metamorphosis in Xenopus laevis
Eur. J. Neuroscience 1-17.
- Avasarala, J.R, Chittur, S.V., Kuentzel, M, Frank, D. (2010)
Microarray and miRNA analysis of brain lesions in African-American and Caucasians with multiple sclerosis.
Internet J. Neurology 13(1).
- Subbaram, S. Kuentzel M, Frank, D, DiPersio C.M., Chittur S.V. (2010)
Determination of Alternative Splicing Events on the Affymetrix Exon 1.0 ST Arrays.
Microarrays in Drug Discovery. 632, 63-72.
- Chittur S.V. (2010), Editor
Microarrays in Drug Discovery, Methods in Mol. Biol v632 (Humana Press)
- Guda, P., Chittur, S.V., Guda, C. (2009)
Comparative analysis of protein-protein interactions in cancer-associated genes
Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics 7, 25-36
- Oyama, M.A, Chittur, S.V., Reynolds C.A. (2009)
Decreased triadin and increased calbstatin2 expression in great danes with dilated cardiomyopathy
J. Vet . Intern. Med 23(5), 1014-1019
- Chittur S. V., Sangster-Guity, N., McCormick, P.J. (2008)
Histone deacetylase inhibitors: A new mode for inhibition of cholesterol metabolism
BMC Genomics 9, 507
- The Association of Biomolecular Research Facilities
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Chemical Society