Maria Ishaq Khan got 2011-12 World Fellowship Award
The World Fellowship Program began at the 1946 National Convention in San Francisco with approval of a project to aid women in war-torn countries. Four German women educators, with financial assistance from Delta Kappa Gamma members, spent eight weeks of study and visitation in Sweden in the spring of 1948.
The second step toward the present-day World Fellowship Program was the alliance in 1952 with UNESCO to provide special help for Korean women. During 1958–1960, the present program began to take shape, and an agreement was made with the Institute of International Education (IIE) to provide dossiers from which a Society committee could select recipients for
study in the United States.
Work with World Fellowships was originally the province of the Personal Growth and Services Committee. In 1972 the World Fellowship Committee became a standing committee, with state organization and chapter committees added to the Constitution in 1974. In 1978 the Institute of International Education recognized the World Fellowship Program with an award which is displayed at Delta Kappa Gamma Society Headquarters in Austin, Texas.
For a complete listing of the 2011-12 recipients, please click here.