News and Communications
We serve as the central location for all university-wide news, information and related initiatives, with emphasis on proactive approaches. The News and Communications team is committed to providing leadership in effectively telling the University at Albany story. We help academic and administrative units communicate information to both internal and external audiences.
What We Do
- Identify, prepare and distribute newsworthy information about the University at Albany, its faculty, staff and students. Our staff facilitates print, web and broadcast coverage by developing news and feature stories and promoting them to the most appropriate media at the local, state and national level.
- We are the primary point of contact for media seeking information about the University and assistance in identifying faculty experts. Our searchable Faculty Experts directory helps identify sources for hundreds of topic areas.
- Our Media Relations staff is readily available to assist faculty in communicating with reporters and offers media training each semester in our on-campus television studio.
- We manage the Albany News Center, Albany Today Daily e-mail with news and information about our campus community. The News Center also hosts a news archive.
- Leverage social media to communicate more broadly the news and activities of the campus community.