New York State Family Resource Centers
CHSR is working with the New York State Office of Children and Family Services to gather data to support the activities and services of Family Resource Centers (FRCs) located throughout New York State.
Evaluation & Research
CHSR has undertaken a number of studies to examine the implementation and outcomes of the FRCs:
- The FRC Outcome Study assessed the effectiveness of FRCs in enhancing parenting behaviors and attitudes and increasing social support.
- A Community Study examined the connections between FRCs and their communities. These connections were investigated through interviews with people at other organizations that provide services to the same target population of children and families.
- A dosage analysisexplored patterns of program attendance and retention based on participant demographics and site characteristics
- A Protective Factors Survey was administered to FRC participants at regular intervals. CHSR helped develop the survey to provide ongoing information about participants’ family functioning, social support, concrete support, nurturing and attachment, and knowledge of child development. CHSR analyzed the data periodically
- The Development of a Satisfaction Survey for FRCs to use to assess participants’ experience of The Incredible Years parent education curriculum.
Contact: Sarah Rain