Campus Recreation provides the UAlbany community an indoor
Aquatic Center that is open year-round. The facility is available for
recreational and/or lap swim/training purposes. The six lane pool includes both
shallow and deep sections, beginning at 4 feet and increasing to just over 12
feet. Perfect for lap swimming, triathlon training, therapeutic swimming and/or
Aqua Jogging. Stop in to check us out!
What To Bring?
Lockers available to rent
For inquires contact our Aquatics staff.
Policies & Rules
- Access to the Aquatics Center is controlled by card access. Members must use their UAlbany ID or Membership Card to enter the facility.
- The Aquatics Center is open to University at Albany students, faculty, staff, alumni and current community member cardholders. Memberships and associated registration information are available at PE Recreation Services.
- All patrons entering the facility during Recreational/Lap Swim times are required to pay the facility access fee, including swimmers, and non-swimmers, except those seated in the spectator area.
- Admission to the pool will be denied for any the presence or evidence of any condition or behavior, which, in the opinion of the Aquatics Staff, jeopardizes the health and safety of the individual or other members.
- No person will be permitted in the pool having: skin lesions, sores, or inflamed eyes, mouth, nose, or ear discharge, carrying communicable disease or having any type of bandage, adhesive tape, etc., on their body.
- All bathers must take a shower with soap in the locker room before entering the pool.
General Facility Rules
- No person may use the pool unless it is officially open and the lifeguards are on duty.
- The Aquatics Staff on duty is ultimately responsible for enforcing all rules, regulations, and procedures. If at any time a member does not comply with the rules and/or the staff on duty, the member will be asked to leave, and/or his/her Aquatic Center privileges will be revoked. The Aquatic Staff on duty has the right to enlist the help of University Police Department whenever these situations arise.
- The Office of Campus Recreation reserves the right to refuse service to any member who violates any rule or regulation, or engages in any verbal and/or physical abuse of the Aquatic Center staff or members.
- The Aquatics Staff may close any portions of or the entire pool complex for any safety or maintenance reason.
- Candy, food or beverages are not allowed. No glass items, chewing gum or smoking is permitted anywhere in the facility.
- No urinating or defecating in the pools.
- Dangerous practices are prohibited.
- Patrons must not run on decks or in locker rooms
- Climb, dunk, push, pull or unnecessarily splash swimmers is prohibited
- NOT ALLOWED: Diving, Jumping, Dropping, etc. into the pool
- Spitting, spouting or nose-blowing in the pool or onto deck, improper public displays of affection and profanity are strictly prohibited.
- Animals are not allowed in the building or pool area, with the exception of guide dogs. Guide dogs are allowed on deck, but not in the water.
- Campus Recreation assumes no liability for the loss or theft of members’ personal belongings.
- Items left in pool area at the end of the day will be bought to Recreation Services, in the Physical Education Building, Room 110A.
- Members are required to pick-up after themselves and discard trash and remove personal items.
- Electronic equipment, including radios, cameras, and cellular phones, are not allowed on pool deck.
- For safety reasons, personal items, bags and other items are to be stored in lockers and not on the Aquatic Center deck.
- Acceptable swim attire must be worn by patrons on the deck and in the water
- Bathing suits must be worn on the deck and in the water.
- Plain T-shirts may be worn over bathing suits if desired.
- Hats are not allowed in the water.
- Jeans/Sneakers are not permitted.
- Rubber flip flops or water shoes are permitted on deck only.
- Patrons with religious concerns regarding modesty may wear clean, covering garments that do not interfere with their safety in the water.
- Children who are not toilet-trained will be allowed in the pool only if they wear a swimsuit diaper. Cloth or disposable diapers are not accepted.
- Children less than four years old will be allowed in the pool only if they wear a swimsuit diaper. Cloth or disposable diapers are not accepted.