The best and brightest students seek out University at Albany School of Business majors and minors in business, accounting and digital forensics. Freshmen with high GPA and GMAT scores enter the School of Business through the Direct Admit program. There is also the option to begin an undergraduate program in junior year. Graduate programs in business and accounting round out our offerings.
We offer a rigorous program and amazing job prospects upon graduation.A recent study found that 82% of our undergraduates are employed within five months of graduation. The MBA Class of 2016 boasts a 98% job placement rate.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks our business program in the top 3 public colleges and universities in New York State.
- The School of Business houses research centers in finance, social entrepreneurship and digital forensics. Faculty have received more than $10 million in grants and funded research – the highest among all business schools in the U.S.
- Niche programs in Digital Forensics, Financial Analyst Honors, Financial Market Regulation, Forensic Accounting and Human Resource Information Systems join quality programs in traditional business subjects. In five years, the school has hired 15 young established faculty to join the already strong foundation of faculty excellence.
- The University at Albany School of Business holds dual accreditation in business and accounting from AACSB, a distinction shared by fewer than 2% of world's 13,000 business schools and only three universities in New York State.
- The Massry Center for Business, opened in 2013, houses technologically advanced classrooms, a trading room, state-of the art computer labs, a career services center, advising and faculty offices,research centers, meeting rooms for the entrepreneurial Blackstone Launchpad, a café and the open and interactive environment of the Standish Living Room, where students meet for group projects, studying and just hanging out.
U.S. News and World Report ranks the University at Albany MBA among the top 100 programs in the country. The 2018 ranking places the MBA in the top 20% of AACSB accredited business schools, at #91 among 471 schools in the U.S.
Humble. Hardworking. Leader. Basketball player Bailey Hixson is the Dane's most efficient 3-point shooter and a business major. Hixson will continue her studies when she joins the UAlbany MBA program this fall.
A group of national and international cybersecurity leaders gather at the University at Albany on March 2 to discuss these issues at the 4th Annual President’s Forum on Data: The New Game in Cybersecurity: Security Analytics.
The University at Albany is the only SUNY school on Deutsche Bank’s short list. In fact, the global banking and financial services giant targets fewer than 30 schools in the U.S. for internships and jobs.