New Transfer Student Academic Advisement
Congratulations on your decision to continue your education at the University at Albany!
Students at the University at Albany are expected to play a very active role in their course selection and academic planning.
This website is designed to give you the information you need to successfully register for your first semester of classes.
Depending on the major you are pursuing, you will use this website to prepare for your advisement appointment with your academic advisor, or to complete the registration process before attending Orientation. You should plan to spend at least an hour on this preparation.
Following the process outlined below, you will become familiar with your degree requirements at UAlbany, plan your program of study, receive feedback on your plan from your advisor, and register for your first semester of coursework.
Your Educational Plan can only be completed accurately by following these steps.
- Set up your MyUAlbany account
- Learn to read your Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Understand your UAlbany degree requirements using the Degree Audit Report
- Read the Departmental advice for transfer students prepared by your major’s academic department. Consider carefully how this advice applies to you.
- Create your Educational Plan
- Learn to use the necessary Registration Tools (Schedule of Classes Search, MyUAlbany registration system.)
Should you have any questions prior to your arrival on campus feel free to contact the Advisement Services Center at (518) 442-3960 Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4pm.