The Certificate of Advanced Study in planning and policy analysis is an interdisciplinary program designed to assist persons to work in various agencies and organizations at the national, state, and local levels by improving their skills to conduct planning, analysis, and evaluation of programs, projects, and the functioning of organizations.
The program combines disciplinary/substantive knowledge and technical skills to provide the training essential to conduct planning, and policy analysis activities in a given policy area.
The certificate requires 48 credits, to be distributed over four areas, and an internship:
- A substantive/disciplinary area (15 credits);
- Supporting courses (6 credits);
- Basic skills in introduction to management science, statistics, and computer applications (9 credits);
- Technical skills in research design and methods, advanced statistics, process of planning, program evaluation, and systems analysis (18 credits);
- Internship in an appropriate agency (3 credits).