Graduate Bulletin Homepage |School of Education |Graduate Program Curricula | Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration and Policy Studies Program
Program Leading to the Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration
Program of Study (60 credits, minimum)
The student, in consultation with the faculty advisor, develops a program of study taking into account the previous preparation, area of specialization, and objectives.
Requirements include the following:
- Pre-core requirements (12 credits): Aps 600, 601, 660, and the statistics requirement by either taking an approved quantitative research methods course (e.g. Aps 614 or see your advisor for other courses that qualify), or by passing a departmental research methods exam.
- 15 credits (minimum) in the administrative concentration. (K-12 or higher specified)
- 9 credits (minimum) in support disciplines such as philosophy, economics, sociology, psychology, and political science;
- 3 credits - Eaps 780 - Applied research or policy analysis;
- Electives: 21 credits minimum.
Last updated on 11/5/2008