Ming-Ching Chang is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University at Albany, State University of New York. He was with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering from 2016 to 2018. He was an Adjunct Professor with the Computer Science Department from 2012-2016. During 2008-2016, he was a Computer Scientist at GE Global Research Center. He was an Assistant Researcher at the Mechanical Industry Research Labs, Industrial Technology Research Instutite (ITRI) at Taiwan from 1996 to 1998.
Dr. Chang received his Ph.D. degree in the Laboratory for Engineering Man/Machine Systems (LEMS), School of Engineering, Brown University in 2008. He received his M.S. degree in Computer Science and Information Engineering (CSIE) in 1998 and B.S. degree in Civil Engineering in 1996, both from National Taiwan University, Taiwan.
Dr. Changs research interests include video analytics, computer vision, image processing, and artificial intelligence. Dr. Chang has published over 70 refereed journal and conference papers. Dr. Changs research projects are funded by DARPA, IARPA, NIJ, VA, GE Global Research, Kitware Inc., and University at Albany - SUNY. He is the recipient of the IEEE Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance (AVSS) 2011 Best Paper Award - Runner-Up, the IEEE Workshop on the Applications of Computer Vision (WACV) 2012 Best Student Paper Award, the GE Belief - Stay Lean and Go Fast Management Award in 2015, and the IEEE Smart World NVIDIA AI City Challenge 2017 Honorary Mention Award.
Dr. Chang serves as the Program Chair of the IEEE Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance (AVSS) 2019, Co-Chair of the AI City Challenge CVPR Workshop for 2018-2020 and on-going, Organization Committee of the Low Power Computer Vision CVPR Workshop and Challenge for 2020, the Publication and Associate Chair of the IEEE Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance (AVSS) 2017, and Co-Chair of the International Workshop on Traffic and Street Surveillance for Safety and Security (IWT4S) 2017 and 2018. Dr. Chang is a senior member of IEEE.
- 2020/1 Our lab's DARPA research program is awarded - Semantic Information Defender (SUNY sub-contract $700K for 2020-2024), Kitware Inc.
DARPA SemaFor Program (PI: Arslan Basharat).
- 2020 Joined the organization committee of the Low-Power Computer Vision (LPCV) CVPR Workhop and Challenge 2020.
- 2019 Served as the Program Chair for IEEE Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance (AVSS) 2019, which will be held as a joint event with the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) 2019 at Taipei, Taiwan.
- 2018/10/14 Gave an invited keynote speech at the Forth IEEE International Conference on Universal Village (UV2018), Special Session on Future Intelligent Manufacturing, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Kresge Auditorium, Boston, MA, on Oct. 24 2018. https://uv2018.universal-village.org/#/agenda. Slides
- 2018 Exposing Fake Videos, SUNY Albany News.
- 2017/12/25 Gave an invited talk (remote presentation) “Video Analytics for AI City Smart Transportation” at the Advanced Computer Vision Workshop at CITI, Sinica, Taiwan. Slides
- 2017 Deep into Deep Learning, SUNY Albany News.
- Co-organized the 2018 NVIDIA AI City Challenge as a IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) Workshop at Salt Lake City, UT, USA, 2018.
- Chaired the Poster Session WP-PD: Computational Imaging System of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) 2017 and present two of my poster works at ICIP'17 Beijing, China, Sep. 2017.
- 08/05/2017 Our team won the Honorary Mention Award in the first IEEE Smart World NVIDIA AI City Challenge in 2017, Aug. 2017.
- Chaired the Industrial Surveillance Day of the IEEE Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance (AVSS) 2017 and gave a talk on GE Video Analytics at AVSS'17 Lecce, Italy, Aug. 2017.