University at Albany doctoral student Fawzi Mulki is an international problem solver.Read More
Media Advisory: UAlbany Bolsters Commitment to Sustainability with New Transportation Initiatives to Reduce Campus, Global Carbon Footprint
The University at Albany will announce two new transportation initiatives aimed at reducing harmful carbon emissions on campus and across the nation.
ALBANY, N.Y. (September 21, 2009) -- What:
State University of New York Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher will join the University at Albany community to announce two new transportation initiatives aimed at reducing harmful carbon emissions on campus and across the nation.
Both initiatives fulfill the Chancellorís SUNY-wide mission to address the challenge of climate change and global warming and demonstrate the importance of public-private partnerships in furthering UAlbany research and programming.
* Nancy L. Zimpher, Chancellor, State University of New York
* George M. Philip, President, University at Albany
* Donald Siegel, Dean, School of Business
* Sanjay Goel, Associate Professor, School of Business
* Marilyn Reznick, Regional Vice President, AT&T Public Affairs
* Robert G. Callender, Vice President for Programs, New York State Energy Research Development Authority
* Mary Ellen Mallia, Director, Office of Environmental Sustainability
1:30 p.m., Tuesday, September 22, 2009
University Hall Atrium, University at Albany uptown campus, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany
For more news, subscribe to UAlbany's RSS headline feeds
Educationally and culturally, the University at Albany-SUNY puts "The World Within Reach" for its 18,000 students. An internationally recognized research university with 58 undergraduate majors and 128 graduate degree programs, UAlbany is a leader among all New York State colleges and universities in such diverse fields as public policy, nanotechnology and criminal justice. With a curriculum enhanced by 300 study-abroad opportunities, UAlbany launches great careers. For more information about this globally ranked University, visit www.albany.edu. For UAlbany's extensive roster of faculty experts, visit www.albany.edu/news/experts.shtml.